Mansfield Town Academy are looking to recruit Academy Youth Development Phase and Foundation Phase coaches.
Overall Purpose of Job:
To be part of the Mansfield Town Academy coaching staff responsible for the delivery of the Academy Category 3 Foundation Phase and Youth Development Phase coaching programme to maximise the opportunities for young players to reach their full potential in line with the Academy vision and philosophy.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties:
· Provide high standard coaching to a respective age group, educating them in line with the Mansfield Town Academy philosophy and Mansfield Town coach competency framework as outlined in the Academy performance plan.
· To ensure that all Academy players adhere to the Mansfield Town values and show a high level of respect and discipline.
· To adhere to the coaches' code of conduct.
· To assist players by setting individual short-term and long-term goals and to create individual learning plans for all players.
· To maintain all coaching and games programme records on the PMA for each session throughout the season.
· To complete player progress reports on the PMA.
· Attend parents' evening sessions throughout the season for each individual player.
· To develop and maintain a professional relationship with the parents of youngsters in the programme.
· Complete CPD (Continuous Professional Development) to maintain coaching qualifications.
· To work with head of coaching in the completion of a personal coach development plan in line with the Mansfield Town coach competency framework.
· To identify players available each weekend for matches and communicate any additional player requirements.
· To attend coaching service days as instructed by Academy manager/head of Academy operations/head of coaching.
· To support the development of young players in a healthy lifestyle, diet, drug awareness, education.
· To take responsibility for the care and maintenance of all age group training equipment and playing kit.
· To attend coaches' meetings or additional training nights as instructed by the Academy manager/head of Academy operations/head of coaching.
· To assess trialists at both training and games and feedback to head of Academy recruitment.
· To assist with sport science input where required at training sessions.
· To attend tournaments and trips when requested by the club.
· To abide by all club policies including (but not exclusive to) safeguarding, equality and health & safety.
• UEFA B Licence and above
• FA Youth Award
• EFAIF Qualification
• Experience of coaching within the relevant age groups (preferably in an Academy/Player Development environment)
• IT skills (in particular Word/ Excel/ Access).
• High levels of oral and written communication skills.
• Personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
• Sensitive to the needs of young players and parents/guardians.
• Willingness to work weekends and evenings.
• Desire to be an ambassador for Mansfield Town in public role.
• CRB check undertaken.
• Full driving license.
• Knowledge of the PMA system.
• Knowledge and understanding of the EPPP process
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds.
Mansfield Town welcomes male applicants of BAME origin and female applicants of any ethnic origin.
Salary - Competitive salary based on relevant experience.
Please note that this is a vital position within the Academy department at Mansfield Town Football Club and will require a high degree of commitment to the role, including evening and weekend work.
Please send a C.V. and Covering Letter (Ensuring completion of Equality Form) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Academy Head of Coaching)
Closing date for Applications is Friday 14 July 2023.
To view the Academy's Equality form click here