Mansfield Town Academy are providing an exciting job opportunity to work supporting players, parents and staff in the role of Academy player care lead.
The job’s roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Delivery of life skill programs to all phases at the Academy
- Deliver Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Programs
- Mental Health & Emotional well-being program and delivery
- Induction for players and parents
- Exits strategy for players across all phases
- Design parent and player voice program
- Offer support for loan players
- Commit to attending EFL workshops and meetings
- Managing player age groups transitions
- Commit to EDI (Equality, Diversion, Inclusion) and safeguarding commitments
- Contribute where necessary to PGAAC audit and submissions
- Provide inductions to trialists
- Attend all player reviews - contribute if not face-to-face
- Commit to EFL, PL, PFA, FA, LFE transition working group
- Support players in CVs, job applications, interview techniques and sourcing work-based experience
- Gather feedback from players and parents that have transitioned out of the club
- Design and implement training for staff to enhance the player care provision given
- Control the player care budget
- Gather feedback from trialists and parents that are not signed after a YD8 (eight-week trial)
- One to one player care meetings across all phases periodically
- Commit to all weekly Academy management team meetings
- Design, implement and oversee player engagement with the community
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary team meetings to periodically discuss each player across all phases
- Raise action plans where deemed necessary for players to support emotional well-being
- Offer and implement after care and support players that have transitioned out of the Academy
Some of the role’s essential attributes include:
- Being familiar with safeguarding reporting software such as My Concern
- Demonstrating experience with young people in a performance environment and escalating concerns when necessary
- Demonstrating understanding of wellbeing, duty of care as well as monitoring and referral
- Demonstrating operational and administration experience
- Having proven experience of co-ordinating projects and programmes
- Possess an ability to form positive and proactive relationships
- Have proven experience of working within a team to produce measurable results
- Demonstrate an ability to deliver to workshops, inductions and education to groups
- Understanding and knowledge of challenges and pressures that young elite athletes face
- Mental health and first aid qualification
- A relevant counselling qualification
- Educated to degree level
- A relevant qualification or experience undertaking risk assessments
- Experience of working within a football academy
- Clean driving licence
- Disclosure and Barring Service Check Requirement
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds.
Mansfield Town Football Club welcomes male and female applicants of BAME origin.
Salary - Competitive salary based on relevant experience.
Please note that this is a vital position within the Academy at Mansfield Town Football Club and will require a high degree of commitment to the role, including evenings and weekends.
Please send a C.V. and cover letter/written application (ensuring completion of equality form below) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Academy head of operations).
Please complete the Academy equality form by clicking here.
The closing date for Applications is Friday 22 July 2022.
Interviews will be held W/C Monday 25 July 2022.