An exciting opportunity has arisen at Mansfield Town Football Club for an enthusiastic, proactive and knowledgeable individual to join the Academy's sports science and medical department as Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine.
Based at: RH Academy, Pleasley, NG19 7RT
Salary: Dependent upon experience (to be discussed at interview)
Job type: Full-time
Applications deadline: 06 May 2022
The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent communication skills and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Candidates will also need to possess excellent assessment and treatment skills to enable high level of medical and rehabilitation care to all players involved in our academy.
An expected knowledge of injury reduction methods will also be required.
- Lead the academy medical department
- Communicate regularly with the academy management team, and first team physiotherapist, ensuring all staff are kept up to date with injuries and illnesses
- Support the long-term development of Mansfield Town’s academy by ensuring the club meets the requirements of the EPPP audit process
- Provide accurate and effective treatment methods to ensure players return to training by meeting objective criteria enabling a safe return to training
- Keep up to date with CPD and the latest evidenced based research and applying this to treatment and rehabilitation practice
- Leading the injury management and injury reduction strategies for all scholars governed by the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
- Complete medical testing throughout the season and implementing the findings into an injury reduction management programme
- Provide pitch side medical cover for all scholar games as well as ensuring games and training within the academy have appropriate medical cover
- Ensure accurate medical notes are documented on the performance management application (PMA)
- Organise cardiac screenings, medical screenings and consultation appointments for academy players that require any of these
- Undertake musculoskeletal medical screenings for all new scholars
-BSc Physiotherapy or MSc Physiotherapy
-CSP and HCPC registration
-Experience of working within sport
-A flexible approach to working hours due to the demands required for evening and weekend work
-UK driving licence
- Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF)
- IT Skills – Experience of working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
-Experience of working within a professional football academy
-Evidence of relevant post-graduate continual professional development
-Knowledge of Strength and Conditioning
-Understanding of EPPP and PMA
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds.
M.T.F.C. welcomes male applicants and female applicants of BAME origin.
Please note that this is a vital position within the Academy department at Mansfield Town Football Club and will require a high degree of commitment to the role, including evening and weekend work.
Please send a C.V. and Covering Letter (Ensuring completion of equality form) to email@example.com
Click here to complete the equality form.
Closing date for Applications is Friday 6th May 2022
Interview dates will be confirmed.