Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Stags sign former Everton midfielder

18 January 2020

We are delighted to announce the signing of former Everton midfielder Harry Charsley until the end of the season.

Before his departure from Goodison Park earlier this month, Charsley was a regular in the Toffees’ under-23 team and started against the Stags in the 1-1 Leasing.com Trophy clash between the two sides in August 2019. He was also ever-present in Everton under-23s’ Premier League 2 title win in 2018/19.

The 23-year-old joined Everton at the age of nine, and made one senior appearance for the Blues, in a 3-0 win over Apollon Limassol in the Europa League.

Charsley enjoyed a short loan spell with Bolton Wanderers in 2018, appearing in the Championship for the Trotters against Brentford.

The versatile midfielder has also made outings for Republic of Ireland’s under-17, under-19 and under-21 sides.

After putting pen-to-paper on Friday, Charsley told www.mansfieldtown.net: “I’m really excited to sign. I spoke to the likes of Gethin Jones (former defender), Tyler Walker (former striker) and (current defender) Ryan Sweeney and they all had great things to say about the club.

“I’m looking forward to hopefully getting an opportunity and play as many games as I can.”

“I consider myself to have a strong work ethic and like to score goals,” he added.

Manager Graham Coughlan said: “Harry is young, enthusiastic and has undoubted quality, given his background at Everton.

“He has energy, quality on the ball and should fit into the dynamics of what we’re trying to build.”


Advertisement block