Mansfield Town Football Club are looking to recruit a driven and enthusiastic individual as the Academy’s head of coaching.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Academy’s coaching function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitating transition to Category 3 Academy Status
- To establish a sustainable system and approach for the development of all coaching staff across the Foundation, Youth and Professional Development phases.
- Design and manage the delivery of the in-service CPD coach education programme for all age group coaches.
- Provide a clear, up-to-date Training needs analysis (TNA) of every individual coach's current and required level of performance.
- Ensure every coach has a personalised Development Action Plan (DAP) that is tailored to meet their individual needs.
- Develop and implement a Club Specific Coach Competency Framework (CCF) to monitor and evaluate coaches in order to develop DAPs.
- Provide 1:1 coaching, analysis and feedback to coaches in order to further develop the coach’s skill set
- Establish and maintain standard practices and procedures for safe and effective coaching, playing and operation for all Academy squads
- Establish and maintain records for all Academy players
- Undertake assessments of all Academy players with lead phase coaches and recommend players to the Academy Recruitment Forum for retention and release
- To comply with and ensure the compliance of coaching and other Academy staff to MTFC's Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- To work within and uphold all the Academies policies and best practice guidelines, including; Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Recruitment, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Codes of Conduct.
- To attend and play an active role in regular Academy Management staff meetings, reporting on all matters relating to the role of Head of Coaching.
- To maintain appropriate levels of personal CPD as outlined within the EFL Youth Development Rules and as required to retain FA Licensed coach status.
- To ensure that all that all relevant PMA administration is kept up to date for all coaches across the Academy.
- To contribute, adapt and help evolve the current coaching syllabus in co-ordination with the Academy Manager in order to aid the progression of the Academy.
- To be prepared to do any other duties to further the development of the Club and Academy as and when required.
Qualifications - Essential
UEFA A Licence
FA Advanced Youth Award
Enhanced DBS Check
BFAS (current EFAiF)
FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
Salary - Competitive salary based on relevant experience.
Please note that this is a vital position within the Academy department at Mansfield Town Football Club and will require a high degree of commitment to the role, including evening and weekend work.
Closing date for Applications is Friday 25 October 2019.
Interviews will be held W/C Monday 04 November.