Mansfield Town Football Club is looking to recruit a media & communications assistant.
Based at One Call Stadium, Mansfield, the successful candidate will report to the Head of Media & Communications and will be integral to developing the club’s website, match programme and social media channels.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in the maintenance of the club’s official website mansfieldtown.net. Keeping it updated with editorial and managing the in-house style and direction of the site.
• Writing engaging news/feature items for the club’s 16,000-word match programme.
• Supporting PR activities generated by the club’s commercial and community initiatives.
• Providing support to all areas of the club’s news & public relations work, including writing press releases.
• Spearheading the club’s social networking presence, keeping Twitter and Facebook pages updated and utilising all means of communication.
• Delivery of all marketing/commercial news releases and club/corporate events.
• Educated to degree level at journalism (essential) or a minimum three years’ experience within journalism or PR organisation.
• First-class command of the English language.
• An excellent understanding of social media.
• Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
• Ability to develop compelling content.
• An excellent knowledge of football
• Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Standard professional level IT skills.
Hours of Work
• Your normal basic week is 09:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Saturday; a total of 40 hours per week.
You will be expected to attend and report on all of Mansfield Town’s first team fixtures home and away.
We are looking for someone meticulous and methodical with high standards, a keen eye for detail and an excellent command of the English language.
Applications should be submitted with a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is close of business Thursday 13 March 2018.
Job Type: Full-time