Exciting job opportunity at Mansfield Town Football Club...
Based at: Brooksby Melton College, Melton Mowbray, LE14 2LJ
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Mansfield Town Football Club for an enthusiastic, proactive and knowledgeable individual to join the academy sports science and medical department as lead physiotherapist.
The successful candidate must display excellent leadership abilities through clear and effective communication within a multidisciplinary team; ensuring a gold standard of medical care is delivered to all players throughout our academy.
Candidates must possess advanced clinical assessment and treatment skills as well as innovative rehabilitation techniques and training interventions to prevent injury, restore optimal function and contribute to enhancing sporting performance.
Whilst previous involvement in professional football is preferential; all candidates with an experience of working in an elite sporting environment will be considered.
Salary is dependent on experience and will be discussed at interview.
- To manage the academy’s sports science and medical department to ensure the highest level of function and development is continued
- To support Mansfield Towns FC’s academy in its long term development and guide the academy’s sports science and medical department through any future audit processes
- To provide highly accurate assessment and effective treatment ensuring a timely yet comprehensive return to pre-injury state for all players within the academy
- To lead the injury management and injury prevention strategies for all professionals and scholars governed by the Elite Player Performance plan (EPPP)
- To ensure all sports science testing is carried out when required and that all data produced is relayed back to all relevant departments for individual feedback
- To provide pitch side first aid cover for all reserve and scholars matches and ensure that all games within the academy have appropriate medical cover organised
- To ensure the timely completion of all medical notes and that all medical and sports science information is accurately documented on the performance management application (PMA)
- To contribute to the continuous professional development of all sports science and medical staff within Mansfield Town Football Club
- Chartered Physiotherapist registered with the CSP
- HCPC registration
- Experience of working within elite sport
- UK driving license
- First Aid in Sport qualification
- Experience of working within a professional football academy
- Evidence of relevant post graduate professional development
- Strength and Conditioning qualification
- Understanding of EPPP and PMA
- Advanced Resuscitation and Emergency Aid course (AREA)
Salary is dependent on experience and will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time