Salary Circa: £16,000
Location: Brooksby Melton College, Leicestershire and One Call Stadium, Mansfield
Contract type: Permanent (Full time)
Closing date: 31 March 2016
Interview date: 04 April 2016
Job Description: An exciting opportunity has arisen at Mansfield Town Football Club for a new or recently graduated Physiotherapist looking for a career in professional sport. We are looking for a hard-working and committed individual to work alongside existing medical staff in the club’s growing academy.
The successful applicant will assist the Senior Academy Physiotherapist in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of the Under 18 -21 Squads and will provide pitch-side first aid for development squad games.
A career within Mansfield Town FC’s medical department provides therapists with an opportunity to develop new skills and attributes whilst providing a platform for individuals to express themselves through their practice and ideas. All we ask is that the successful applicant has a willingness to learn and develop their practice and is driven to provide the best quality health care for our athletes.
• An Undergraduate Degree in Physiotherapy
• CSP and HCPC Registered
• FA Pitchside First Aid Qualification
• Previous experience working in sport
• Full UK Driving License
• Full Time access to a car
• Enhanced DBS Clearance
• IFAS Qualification
• Previous Experience in Professional Football
• Hard Working
• Willingness to learn
• Able to work as part of a team
Roles and Responsibilities
• To work alongside the Senior Academy Physiotherapist, assessing, diagnosing, treating and rehabilitation of all Under 18 players.
• Lead on assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of Foundation and Youth Development Phase Clinic once per week.
• To lead pitch side first aid cover for both Under 18 Development Squad matches, home and away
• To work alongside the Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach to develop strategies for injury prevention and strength and conditioning for Under 18 Development players
• To be responsible for the preparation and regular updating of comprehensive medical records for all professional players with whom they have had contact, ensuring that these records remain confidential at all times. This will be done on the Club’s online software.
• To be professional at all times both during work hours and outside of work hours in order to maintain the excellent reputation of Mansfield Town Football Club
• To undertake training and development courses to update skills and maintain HCPC Registration. The course should be of a nature that will benefit both yourself and Mansfield Town Football Club.
• To keep up to date with relevant first aid qualifications.
• To attend, participate and contribute to the regular in-service CPD programmes within the medical department.
• To Undertake any other relevant duties as required by Senior Staff.
How to apply please send CV and Covering Letter, outlining why you would be appropriate for the role to email@example.com