The club is looking to employ a match day Fire Safety Marshall (FSM) for the 2016-17 season.
The FSM role would suit either a retired Fire & Rescue Service Officer or someone with fire safety and inspection experience in either the events or associated industries.
Reporting directly to the stadium safety officer the responsibilities include:
• Conducting a pre-match fire safety / check list inspection.
• Contributing to the match day safety report to identify/recommend any remedial work needed to ensure fire safety regulations compliance.
• Monitoring the ground on match days to identify and action any immediate fire risk.
• Dealing with any pyrotechnic devices either recovered during pre-match searches of spectators or any devices which are detonated during the game.
• Contributing to the review and presentation of the Stadium Fire Risk Assessment process. (Experience of preparing Fire Risk Assessments an advantage).
• Other reasonable requests on match days relating to fire and crowd safety made by the Safety Officer.
This is an interesting role on match days and could also include providing some additional fire awareness and safety training for staff at the club by the right applicant.
The remuneration, on a match day attendance basis, is negotiable.
Applicants should send a covering letter and CV to:
Fire Safety Marshall Application
FAO Stadium Safety Officer
Mansfield Town FC
One Call Stadium