Mansfield Town Football Club are looking for a proactive and self motivated individual to join the club as Sports Scientist.This is a season-long work placement. The successful candidate will be expected to begin in advance of pre-season (w/c 15 June).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Monitor and obtain data on players’ heart rates
- Record information and report to first team management
- Monitor and record exertion rates
- Collect daily well-being and training data from all individuals involved in first team training sessions
- Liaise with the first team management regarding players ‘hydration status’
- Lead the Sport Science program in a planned and progressive manner
The role covers all of Mansfield Town’s first team players and will provide valuable experience of working at a professional Football League club throughout the season.
The successful candidate will have high levels of self-motivation, demonstrate excellent organizational skills, work well both within a team and individually, be able to manage their time effectively, and be able to show initiative within their role.
A degree specialising in the area of Sport Science/Science and Football is essential.
At present, there are no remunerations associated with the position and the successful candidate will be required to work four days a week, based at One Call Stadium.
To apply for the position, send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com