Mansfield Town’s head physio Chris Bowman is to leave the club at the end of this month to take up a new role as academy physiotherapist at Bolton Wanderers.The 23-year-old has held the position as head physio at One Call Stadium for seven months after a successful stint as the Stags’ academy physiotherapist.
Manager Paul Cox said: “It has been a pleasure to work with Chris and I have seen him evolve as both a person and a physio during his time here.
“He has come through an incredibly stressful period at the club with the number of injuries sustained in the past few months, but I feel this experience will be beneficial to him in his future career.
“He leaves with our best wishes,” he added.
Outgoing physio Chris Bowman said: “The decision to leave was not taken lightly, but being able to return to my family home, whilst furthering my professional development, were both key factors in the move.
“I will hold the club in the highest regard for giving me the opportunity to fulfill my dream as a practicing physiotherapist in professional football.
“I’d like to publically thank the gaffer (Paul Cox), the staff, players and everyone associated with the club for their support.
“From my involvement with the club during the Conference winning season (2013), to helping cement our status in the Football League, I will leave with many fond memories.”
Organisation: Mansfield Town Football Club
Salary: Depending On Experience
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Type of contract: Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Mansfield Town FC for an experience Physiotherapist within elite sport. The role will be to lead the Medical Department as Head Physiotherapist, and will include regular evening/weekend work (including away travel/overnight stays).
The successful candidate will lead on the assessment and diagnosis of injuries for our first team playing staff; and will lead injury prevention and strength & conditioning sessions. It will be their responsibility to set out appropriate rehabilitation programmes on a daily basis, tailored to each individual player. The candidate will also have sole responsibility for referrals for further investigation, and liaison with our medical insurers to ensure adequate cover is given for these procedures.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Assessment & diagnosis of injuries sustained by playing staff
* Arrangement of further investigations
* Liaison with first team management to update on all injuries
* Plan and progress rehabilitation programmes for all players
* Pitch side first aid at all first team & reserve fixtures
* Keep up to date medical records on club's medical records system
* Lead injury prevention/strength & conditioning sessions
Candidates should have:
* BSc Hons degree in Physiotherapy
* Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
* Membership of the Health & Care Professions Council
* Experience within elite sport/football
* Pitch side first aid qualification (Min requirement of IFAS)
* Acupuncture accreditation
* FA AREA
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills, and be highly reliable.
How to apply:
Email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
To be confirmed.