Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
04 October 2022 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League Trophy

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview: Stags v Derby

3 October 2022

The Stags are at One Call Stadium tomorrow night for a Papa Johns Trophy clash with Derby County (7pm kick-off). Here’s all you need to know…


  • The One Call Stadium car park will be closed for 20 minutes after full-time – and for all home games this season - to enable fellow supporters to leave the ground safely on foot.
  • The club advises supporters to enter the stadium as early as possible, once turnstiles open from between 5.30pm-5.45pm.
  • The gate between the North Stand and the Ian Greaves Stand will be closed after full-time tomorrow evening.


Hiram Boateng is expected to return tomorrow night after being out with a hamstring injury.

Kellan Gordon will be assessed ahead of the visit of his former club Derby County.


The referee for tomorrow evening’s match is Ben Toner. Mr. Toner will be assisted by Nik Barnard, Jake Topp and fourth official, Oliver Mackey.


Tickets can be bought online (

Tickets can also be purchased in person from the ticket office at One Call Stadium on matchday from 10am up until kick-off.

Ticket prices are:

Adult: £10

Young adult (18 to 21): £10

Senior: £5

Under 18: £5


Parking is unfortunately unavailable at One Call Stadium.

All reserved car parking spaces are within the location of the Ian Greaves Stand car park. Please note that the car park shuts 30 minutes prior to kick-off due to safety regulations.

The following sites, owned by Mansfield District Council and with easy access to One Call Stadium are Grove Street, Victoria Street, Garden Road and Church Lane.

Charges are as follows:

Grove St 50p/hr

Victoria St 50p/hr

Garden Rd 50p/hr

Church Lane 80p/hr

All of the above pay and display surface level car parks offer cashless parking via RingGo as an additional way to pay.

Every car park has a unique code so people can either pay over the phone, by text, online or by using a free smartphone app.

Details of how to do this are displayed in each car park. Information about all Mansfield District Council car parks can be found at

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside Sandy’s Bar & Kitchen, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'. 


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation.

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside Sandy’s Bar & Kitchen and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


Sandy’s Bar & Kitchen - at the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand - will be open from 12pm. The matchday menu will be served from 5.30pm.

Our Fans’ Zone bar - located at the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand - will also be open from 6pm.


Supporters can watch tomorrow night’s game exclusively live on iFollow Stags for just £10. Martin Shaw and Lee Wilson will provide the commentary.

You can follow the action live via our Twitter match updates, which can be found here.

A report of the match will be published on the club website following the full-time whistle, and post-match reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Courtesy of Alan March Sport, the club offers bespoke live commentary to blind and visually impaired fans at every home game, for both home and away supporters FREE of charge.

Simply ask for your commentary device at the entrance to the Kevin Bird Suite at the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand in advance of kick-off.

Follow us across our social media accounts to keep fully updated on all areas of a Stags’ matchday. Click the below links to redirect to the corresponding social media account.






Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Mansfield 1-1 Derby (Stags win 6-5 on pens)

4 October 2022

Mansfield Town won 6-5 on penalties to earn two points in the Papa Johns Trophy Group Stage following a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes at home to Derby County.

Oli Hawkins converted Mansfield’s final spot kick and Richard Stearman missed as Stags won 6-5 in sudden death.

In an enteraining 90 minutes of normal time, both goals came in the first half.

Lewis Dobbin rifled home for Derby and in the last seconds George Maris’ whipped corner urled over the goalline.

Stags’ boss Nigel Clough made eight changes from Friday night’s 2-2 draw at home to Hartlepool United in Sky Bet League Two.

Scott Flinders, James Perch, John-Joe O'Toole, Kieran Wallace, Hiram Boateng, Jason Law, Jordan Bowery and Will Swan replaced Christy Pym, Oli Hawkins, Riley Harbottle, Kellan Gordon, Stephen Quinn, Ollie Clarke, George Lapslie and Lucas Akins.

Stags flew out the starting traps and Derby goalkeeper Scott Loach had to race out of his goal in the opening minute to deny a Will Swan effort after the Forest loanee had sprinted beyond the visitors’ defence.

Mansfield’s backline was caught napping in the seventh minute when Derby frontman Lewis Dobbin broke the offside trap, latching on to a lovely throughball, but could only fire wide from inside the box.

Then in the blink of an eye, Swan was a stride away from connecting with Stephen McLaughlin’s left-sided curling cross as Nigel Clough’s men looked to hit the Rams on the counter surge.

Maris was the first name in the referee’s notebook in the 11th minute when he upended Louie Sibley to prevent a Derby attack down the middle.

After the game entered a quiet spell, Derby might have taken the lead in the 25th minute when Bartosz Cybulski headed wide from six yards following Haydon Roberts’ left-wing cross.

But Dobbin made no such mistake three minutes later as Derby took the lead.

Receiving a delightful pass on the left, the Rams’ striker spun his marker, slipped the ball onto his right foot and curled a lovely effort into the right hand corner of the goal.

After the half-hour mark, Stags’ midfielder Kieran Wallace – appearing injured – was replaced by club captain Ollie Clarke.

Derby’s Eiran Cashin was then shown a yellow card after he bodychecked Jason Law to stop him bursting into the left side of the penalty area.

In the 37th minute, Stags roamed forward at break-neck speed, with Clarke starting the move on the Stags’ goallline and Jordan Bowery and Jason Law also involved. But Swan, the recipient of the final ball, lashed his shot well wide.

Stags rattled the woodwork with two and a half minutes of normal time remaining in the first half.

Boateng lined up to shoot from 25 yards and saw his wonderful curling attempt come back off the underside of the bar.

Then, in the follow-up, Swan seemed like he was pushed to the ground as he looked to shoot and referee Ben Toner allowed play to continue.

Then came Stags’ leveller.

With seconds to spare at the end of the first half, George Maris equalised directly from a corner with an inswinging flag kick which caused havoc inside the Derby goal area and eluded everyone to sneak over the goalline.

At the interval, Lucas Akins and Oli Hawkins replaced John-Joe O’Toole and Jordan Bowery, while Derby made three changes.

Stags started the second-half brightly and Swan struck narrowly off target on 51 minutes from Law’s right-sided low ball.

At the other end, Flinders had to be alert to a deep high cross from Roberts, but – backpedalling - managed to palm away.

Moments later, Cybulski let fly with a rasping shot outside the box which smacked against the base of a post.

In an end-to-end spell, Loach narrowed the angle to again thwart Swan as Stags looked for the lead.

Riley Harbottle came on for Stephen McLaughlin on 58 minutes with the game still level before Boateng and Maris were replaced by James Gale and George Lapslie.

On 65 minutes, Law tried his luck from 20 yards and his well-hit effort earned a corner after deflecting behind en route to goal.

Mansfield increased the tempo and Akins came close when he struck against the chest of Loach from 15 yards.

On 72 minutes, Craig Forsyth received a yellow card for a foul on the lively James Gale.

Two minutes later, Clarke met the same fate when he came in late on Thompson.

Flinders came to Stags’ rescue with an excellent stop on 79.

Mansfield sloppily lost possession in midfield, allowing Derby to roam forwards.

And at the end of a three man counter attacking move, Cybulski found himself one-on-one with Flinders, but saw his shot denied by the goalkeeper’s outstretched leg.

Then Akins charged forward before lashing off target, with Swan close to connecting on the slide.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing was booked for simulation as he tried to win a spot kick for Derby.

Swan then fired against the goalkeeper, and after Loach could only parry, Lapslie – under pressure – could only divert behind inside the goal area.

As Stags kept their foot on the gas, Gale saw an effort float wide and Clarke mis-struck into the Quarry Lane End.

In the dying stages of stoppage time and after an almighty scramble in the goal area, Derby had the ball in the net but the flag was up for offside.

After a 1-1 draw following normal game, the game headed to a penalty shootout.

Akins struck first and saw his shot saved by Loach.

And Flinders was also equal to Mendez-Laing’s poorly-hit spot kick.

Swan drew first blood from the spot as he put Stags ahead by sending the goalie the wrong way.

Jason Knight levelled for Derby to make it 1-1.

George Lapslie snuck one into the bottom right hand corner to put Stags 2-1 in front.

Thompson blasted into the top right hand corner to equalise for Derby.

Hewitt got his name on the scorecard with a confident finish to make it 3-2 to Mansfield.

And Stags were in the driving seat when Forsyth whacked his penalty against the bar.

But Law saw his low shot well saved by Loach, diving to his right.

Cybulski made it 3-3 as the penalties entered sudden death.

Gale calmly tucked away to poke Stags in front.

Roberts then kept his nerve to send it home for Derby.

Clarke picked his spot well to score for Mansfield before Oduroh levelled to make it 5-5.

Hawkins made it 6-5 to the Stags and Stearman steered his penalty over the angle of crossbar as Mansfield earned an extra point in the group stages.

STAGS: Flinders, Hewitt, O'Toole (Hawkins 46), Perch, McLaughlin (Harbottle 58), Wallace (Clarke 31), Boateng (Gale 63), Maris (Lapslie 63), Law, Bowery (Akins 46), Swan


DERBY: Loach, Barkhuizen (Mendez-Lang 46), Stearman, Roberts, Forsyth, Cashin (Robinson 46), Bird (Knight 46), Sibley (Aghatise 76), Thompson, Dobbin (Oduroh 67), Cybulski

UNUSED SUBS: Wildsmith, Haigh

REFEREE: Ben Toner

ATTENDANCE: 3,630 (1,685 Derby fans)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account