Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

18 March 2023 Venue Edgeley Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview: Stockport v Stags

16 March 2023

The Stags are in Sky Bet League Two action this Saturday (18 March) away at Stockport County (3pm kick-off). Here’s all you need to know…


Defender Elliot Hewitt will be assessed prior to Stags’ trip to Edgeley Park this weekend.

Saturday’s encounter will come too early for right-back Callum Johnson after sustaining a calf injury away at AFC Wimbledon on 04 March.

Midfielder Louis Reed is making good progress with his knee injury.

Full-back Stephen McLaughlin was withdrawn on 83 minutes at Northampton Town and will be assessed ahead of our clash with the Hatters.

Defender John-Joe O’Toole (foot) and forward Will Swan (ankle) will be sidelined for the remainder of the campaign.

Midfielder Anthony Hartigan is also likely to miss the rest of the season.

Stephen Quinn will miss our trip to Stockport due to suspension.


The referee for Saturday’s match is Paul Howard. Mr. Howard will be assisted by Wayne Grunnill, Danny Jarvis and fourth official, Scott Jackson.


Tickets for our Sky Bet League Two clash at Stockport County are now sold out.

The Stags will be backed by over 1,400 supporters at Edgeley Park.


Our official fans’ club – the Stags Supporters’ Association – are providing family friendly coach travel to Stockport.

There are limited spaces available.

Coaches will depart at 11am from One Call Stadium.

Coach prices are as follows:

Amber/Junior Members: £15

Blue Members: £20

Non-Members: £25

To book, call or text the travel line on 07967 689 579


Unable to make it to the game this weekend?

iFollow Stags subscribers based abroad can watch the game in full for just £10. Click here to purchase your match pass.
UK subscribers can listen to audio commentary for just £2.50. Buy your audio pass now by clicking here.

Commentary of the contest will be provided by Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes. Coverage starts approximately 10 minutes before kick-off.

You can follow all the action from the fixture live via our Twitter match updates here.

The match centre on will also contain Opta-populated updates and can be accessed here.

A report from the match will be published on the club website following the full-time whistle, and post-match reaction from the dressing room will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Follow us across our social media accounts to keep fully updated on all areas of a Stags’ matchday. Click the below links to redirect to the corresponding social media account.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Stockport 1-1 Stags

18 March 2023

Mansfield Town salvaged a point at promotion rivals Stockport County as Lucas Akins’ stoppage time header ensured the points were shared in a dramatic finish at Edgeley Park.

Stags were second best in a first-half in which chances were at a premium and the hosts deservedly led at the break courtesy of Paddy Madden’s header.

But up popped Akins at the death to rescue a point following a much-improved second-half performance.

In Stags’ starting lineup, midfielder Hiram Boateng replaced the suspended Stephen Quinn while defender Elliott Hewitt was introduced for Danny Johnson.

Stockport spurned a golden chance to draw first blood in the fourth minute.

After latching on to a pass from captain Paddy Madden, striker Will Collar peeled away from the Stags’ defence, advancing one-on-one with goalkeeper Christy Pym. And the Stags’ shot-stopper pulled off an excellent one-handed save from Collar’s right-footed strike to deny the hosts an early breakthrough.

Stags almost had a lead of their own six minutes later as they rattled the woodwork.

Quick thinking saw a quick-free kick on the left touchline, with Keillor-Dunn roaming forward to find Lucas Akins. And after the frontman picked out skipper Ollie Clarke, the midfielder’s well-hit drive deflected to clip onto the top of the crossbar.

Back at the other end, defender Alfie Kilgour was unable to properly clear inside his own box. But just as marksman Kyle Wootton was set to shoot, Riley Harbottle came to the rescue by storming across to blast the ball away.

Stockport began to dominate possession and got their reward after half-an-hour.

Akil Wright swung in from the right touchline and Paddy Madden’s perfectly-placed glancing header flew into the far corner leaving Pym with no chance.

Stags almost pulled one back four minutes later.

Akins showed real strength near the County goalline to slip it to Hewitt, whose low ball towards the goal area took a wicked deflected to spin behind for a corner.

Stags switched to a 4-3-3 at the start of the second period in a bid to restore parity, with Jordan Bowery and Davis Keillor-Dunn flanking Lucas Akins in attack.

Stockport continued their front-foot approach into the second period and two minutes after the interval, Pym was at full-stretch to beat away Chris Hussey’s left-footed free-kick from 25 yards.

His next save – on 52 minutes - was more routine, getting down low to Antoni Sarcevic’s weakly hit effort.

Stags were withstanding mounting pressure, but had a half-chance within the blink of an eye.

Davis Keillor-Dunn, inside the Stockport box, was unable to get a shot away, with the ball seemingly tangled in his boots. Despite the mis-hit, the opportunity seemed to spark Mansfield into life.

On 57 minutes, James Perch was withdrawn for Rhys Oates in Stags’ first change.

Mansfield started to force County back and won two corners within as many minutes.

And following the second flag-kick, a stooping Alfie Kilgour nodded wide following Keillor-Dunn’s clipped cross.

 Stags were enjoying their best spell of the contest and added extra firepower on 74 minutes with a second chance as Kieran Wallace made way for Danny Johnson.

Stockport threatened to double their lead soon after when substitute Isaac Olaofe got beyond Bowery to cut into the box. But his fierce strike was blocked by a fearless Alfie Kilgour to prevent Pym from being called upon.

In a final throw of the dice, Stags’ boss Nigel Clough introduced James Gale and Jason Law for Riley Harbottle and Hiram Boateng.

Then came the late drama, three minutes into stoppage time.

Hewitt delivered a perfectly-weighted cross with the outside of his boot from the left side and Akins was well placed on the edge of the six-yard box to power home his header and send the travelling Stags’ fans behind the goal into raptures and rescue a point.

STOCKPORT: Hinchliffe, Knoyle, Wright, Byrne, Madden (Olaofe 72), Sarcevic, Collar (Camps 90+1), Croasdale, Wootton, Hippolyte (Stretton 66), Hussey


UNUSED SUBS: Jaros, Camps, Johnson, Rydel, Rowe


STAGS: Pym, Hewitt, Harbottle (Gale 89), Kilgour, Perch (Oates 57), Bowery, Wallace (Johnson 74), Clarke, Boateng (Law 89), Keillor-Dunn, Akins

UNUSED SUBS: Flinders, Anderson, Law, Gale, Abdullah

REFEREE: Paul Howard

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account