Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 12:30 (UK)

17 April 2021 Venue Lamex Stadium Attendance

Kick off 12:30 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview: Stevenage vs Stags

15 April 2021

The Stags travel to face Stevenage on Saturday for their latest Sky Bet League Two encounter (12:30pm kick-off). Here’s all you need to know ahead of the match…


Mansfield will be without long-term absentee Joe Riley (ACL) and forward Oli Sarkic (hamstring) for the game.

Stevenage manager Alex Revell will have a full quota of players to choose from for the fixture.


We last faced Stevenage back in October 2020 at One Call Stadium, a game that ended goalless in Nottinghamshire.

Our last visit to the Lamex Stadium, back in December 2018, resulted in a 3-1 win for the Stags, with defender Ryan Sweeney adding to a Tyler Walker brace.


The Stags have lost just once in their last seven outings, but six of these results have been draws.

Mansfield will be looking for a return to winning ways against a Stevenage side that recently saw a hugely impressive 12-match unbeaten run ended by way of a 1-0 defeat to Salford.

Stevenage’s recent form has seen them rise to 15th in the Sky Bet League Two standings, earning 53 points from 41 games.


The referee for Saturday’s match will be Samuel Barrott, assisted by Christopher Kidd and Samuel Ogles. The fourth official will be Garry Maskell.

Mr. Barrott last took charge of a Mansfield fixture in our 2-1 win over Scunthorpe United in November’s Papa John’s Trophy fixture.


As a mark of respect, this Saturday’s match against Stevenage – originally scheduled for 3pm – will get under way at the earlier time of 12:30pm.

This change has been made to avoid a clash with the funeral of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.


Supporters wishing to watch this match live can do so on iFollow Stags. Match passes are available at just £10, and can be purchased here.

We suggest that new users familiarise themselves with their iFollow Stags account ahead of Saturday’s game, so that no issues arise on matchday when going to watch the game live.

Looking to watch the game on your tablet or mobile? You will need to download the new EFL iFollow app. Read more here.

iFollow Stags subscribers who do not wish to purchase a match pass for the game can still access live match commentary, courtesy of commentators Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes.

As ever, you can also follow the action live via our Twitter match updates, which can be found here.

The match centre on will also contain Opta-populated updates, and can be accessed here.

A report of the match will be published on the club website following the full-time whistle, and post-match reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Follow us across our social media accounts to keep fully updated on all areas of a Stags’ matchday. Click the below links to redirect to the corresponding social media account.


To add us on Snapchat, search ‘mtfcofficial.’

Looking for a step-by-step guide to all things iFollow Stags? Click here for more.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Stevenage 0-1 Stags

17 April 2021

Mansfield Town picked up a big away victory with a 1-0 win at Stevenage FC on Saturday afternoon.

Ryan Sweeney opened the scoring for the Stags, who deserved their half-time lead. The defender stabbed home from a corner in the 23rd minute.

Stevenage dominated the second half, coming closest through Luke Norris in the 54th minute who forced Aidan Stone into a smart reaction save.

Boss Nigel Clough made just one change to the side that drew 1-1 with Newport County last time out as captain Ollie Clarke was dropped to the bench in place of Jamie Reid. James Perch took the armband for the afternoon’s early kick off.

The Stags almost took a first-minute lead when Stephen McLaughlin intercepted a Boro’ clearance and found Reid who clipped the ball to Jordan Bowery but his shot from 12 yards lacked conviction and Jamie Cumming caught the ball with ease.

Stevenage had their first dangerous chance ten minutes later as Joe Martin used his 6’3” frame to climb highest and head goalward, forcing Stone into a sharp save down to his right.

The game progressed in a fluid fashion, showcasing end to end football for the next 15 minutes as both sides looked to attack but earned a yellow card in a piece in the process, George Lapslie and Terence Vancooten entering the referee’s book for separate fouls.

Mansfield’s attacking outlook payed off in the 23rd minute through an unconventional source as centre-half Sweeney poked the ball home for the Stags from less than six yards after the ball fell to him from a corner, his fourth goal of the season.

The game continued in a slower fashion to which it had started but Mansfield continued to have the better of possession as neither side showed a clear sign of threatening the opposition goal.

The half petered out with the only moment of note coming from Tyrese Sinclair who, fuelled by confidence having scored his first professional goal for the Stags last time out, took aim from 25 yards and forced Cumming into a brisk save. The halftime whistle went, and the Stags trotted off down the tunnel protecting a lead at the break for just the fifth time in the last 20 games.

With work to do, Stevenage came out the brighter side as the second half began. Martin’s cross-cum-shot landed on the roof of the net within the opening seconds of the final period and Jack Aitchinson fired high into the South stand after a stunning passing move from the home side in the 50th minute.

By the 54th minute, Stone had been called into action again, exhibiting more quick reactions as he got low to deny Norris from close range.

The siege continued and Stone made another good save in the 57th minute, this time diving at the feet of Elliott List who was running in from the left wing.

The game lost its fluidity and became very stop-start for the next 25 minutes but Boro’ maintained control of the game, reducing Mansfield to little more than hopeful, long-range efforts from Jason Law and then Sinclair shortly after. Despite this, the home side were also struggling in the final third and Stone remained untroubled since List’s chance.

The hosts had a couple of late shouts for fouls and a penalty in the closing minutes, but the referee Samuel Barrott waved them all away and the Stags earned their first away win since Southend in late January.

Mansfield’s attention now turns to Scunthorpe at home next Tuesday.

STAGS XI: Stone (GK), Perch (C), Rawson, Sweeney, McLaughlin, Maris, Quinn (O. Clarke 53’), Lapslie (Law 61’), Sinclair (Charsley 86’), Reid, Bowery.

UNUSED SUBS: Stech (GK), Benning, Gordon, Ward.

STEVENAGE XI: Cumming (GK), James-Wildin, Prosser (c), Osborne (Smith 46’), Vancooten, List, Pett, Aitchison, Martin (Coker 71’), Norris, Lines.

UNUSED SUBS: Johnson (GK), Vincelot, Cuthbert, Hutton, Stevens.

REFEREE: Samuel Barrott

OFFICIALS: Christopher Kidd and Samuel Ogles


Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account