Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
15 September 2018 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Stags vs Exeter City

14 September 2018

Stags are back in action this Saturday as they welcome Exeter City to One Call Stadium, following a rare blank weekend due to international call-ups. Here's all you need to know ahead of the clash...

Midfielder Jacob Mellis will miss out on the game due to suspension.

Defensive duo David Mirfin and Zander Diamond will be absent as they continue their recoveries from long-term, respective knee and back injuries.

The visitors could be without either of Jonathan Forte or Craig Woodman, who are both doubts for the clash.

The referee for Saturday's clash will be Andy Haines, assisted by Declan Ford and Paul Hobday. The fourth official will be Steven Rushton.

The last Stags' match that Mr. Haines took charge of was our narrow 1-0 loss at home to Accrington Stanley in last season's Good Friday fixture.

Stags remain unbeaten in the league season, and have won their last two games in all competitions, a 1-0 home victory over Carlisle United, followed by a 2-1 away win against Lincoln City in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Mansfield were out of action last Saturday as international call-ups to defenders Ryan Sweeney, Krystian Pearce and forward Omari Sterling-James meant that our fixture against Crewe Alexandra was postponed.

Last weekend, Exeter recorded an emphatic 5-1 victory against Notts County, after losing their two previous fixtures in Sky Bet League Two.



*Won 4-3 on penalties following 0-0 draw with Yeovil Town in Checkatrade Trophy


Tickets for the match are available to purchase online via, at the ticket office on Quarry Lane, or by calling the ticket office on 01623 482 482.

Supporters can also purchase tickets on the day of the game. The matchday ticket office will also be open for fans to buy tickets from 12pm until 3pm.

Our family ticket offer is also available for Saturday's game, which admits one adult and one child for just £18! Supporters that have purchased a family ticket will be seated in our family block, which is located in Block A of the Quarry Lane End. Fans with a family ticket may also be seated in Block B of the Quarry Lane End if demand dictates so.

Full ticket information can be found here.

Please note that, on police advice and for ease of congestion, the gate between the North and Ian Greaves Stand will be closed after every home game this season, re-opening approximately 20 minutes after the final whistle.


The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open at 9am, serving delicious cooked breakfasts until 11am. After this, the bar will not serve food from the main menu, although the matchday kiosk inside the bar will open at 12.30pm, serving pies, chips, burgers and hot dogs.

Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available for both home and away supporters, and the bar is located at the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand.

The bar will begin to serve food from its main menu following the full-time whistle. 

The sports bar will remain open until 11pm after the match.

Ticket holders in Blocks N, P, Q and R of the Ian Greaves Upper tier will also be able to access our Kevin Bird Suite from 1pm.

Supporters will also be able to purchase this season's fourth edition of our award-winning matchday programme, The Stag, which will be available to buy around the ground for just £3 before the match.

Fans can buy The Stag from the merchandise stand near the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, or any of our mobile programme vendors around the ground.

Car parking is severely restricted at One Call Stadium and works on a first come, first served basis. All reserved car parking spaces are within the location of the Ian Greaves Stand car park.

Matchday parking costs £5.00 per car. Please note that the car park shuts at 30 minutes prior to kick-off due to safety regulations.
The following sites, owned by Mansfield District Council and with easy access to the One Call Stadium are Grove Street, Victoria Street, Garden Road and Church Lane.

Charges are as follows:

Grove St 50p/hr.
Victoria St 50p/hr.
Garden Rd 50p/hr.
Church Lane 80p/hr.

All of the above pay and display surface level car parks offer cashless parking via RingGo as an additional way to pay.

Every car park has a unique code so people can either pay over the phone, by text, online or by using a free smartphone app.

Details of how to do this are displayed in each car park. Information about all Mansfield District Council car parks can be found at

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation. 

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


If you need to collect tickets, please head to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane. For ticket purchases, please visit the matchday ticket office, adjacent to the Quarry Lane Stand, around the corner from the main ticket office.

Entry to the Quarry Lane End is via the turnstiles situated parallel to the road running alongside One Call Stadium. 

The Ian Greaves Stand is the main stand at One Call Stadium, which backs onto the main car park. 

Away fans are housed in the North Stand, which is located next to Portland Retail Park. Please note: there is no matchday parking in the retail park.

Can't make it to the game? You can follow the action live via our Twitter feed or via the match centre on our wesbite, which will contain Opta-populated updates.

iFollow Stags subscribers can listen to full-match commentary of the clash, courtesy of commentators Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes.

A report of the match will be published on the club website after the full-time whistle, and post-match reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Stags 1-2 Exeter City

15 September 2018

Mansfield Town suffered their first league defeat of the season as they fell to a 2-1 loss against Exeter City at One Call Stadium.

The home side dominated much of the first-half but it was the visitors who broke the deadlock. Dean Moxey’s terrific finish just past the half an hour mark ensured they would take a one-goal lead into the break.

It was a lead they soon doubled when Nicky Law bundled home on 57 minutes – before Tyler Walker poked home what would eventually be a consolation. The Stags rued early opportunities as they were never able to muster an equaliser.

David Flitcroft made only a solitary change from his side’s last outing in League Two – Calum Butcher took the place of frontman, Danny Rose.

The Stags’ faithful inside One Call Stadium were in high-spirits from kick-off as they looked to urge their team forward.

And in just the fourth minute the home side responded. A combination of CJ Hamilton and Tyler Walker were able to come away with the ball before the latter was clipped for the game’s first foul.

Otis Khan struck the subsequent set-piece with purpose but it fell comfortably into the arms of the Grecians’ goalkeeper, Christy Pym.

The midfielder was then involved once more in the eighth minute as he set away Hamilton to cross. The winger diverted the ball inside the 18-yard-box but it was turned away smartly by Aaron Martin for a corner.

Khan, who seemed to be involved in all-things Mansfield from the outset, then curled an effort towards goal but could only sting the palms of Pym.

The Stags, clearly in their attacking verve, came forward yet again on 13 minutes. Walker unleashed an effort from the edge of the area, but it was well saved by City’s sprawling ‘keeper.

Exeter began to gain a foothold in the match but were almost undone by a counter-attack soon after.

Calum Butcher released Walker with an early ball over the top and the striker’s effort towards goal was deflected as he watched it loop into the arms of Pym.

In the 23rd minute the visitors began to grow into the game.

Giving the home side an almighty scare, Jayden Stockley was able to rise above Matt Preston at the back-post and guide a looping header, fortunately for Mansfield, onto the woodwork.

Hiram Boateng then had a chance from 11 yards after the Stags were unable to deal with a low cross. The ball fell loosely to the Exeter forward but he struck his effort over Olejnik’s crossbar.

But with just over half an hour on the clock, the pressure told.

Despite his side being second best for large parts of the match, Moxey broke the deadlock in superb fashion for the Grecians. The midfielder curled an effort from 19 yards that clattered the inside of the post before rolling over the goal line.

Moments after the restart it could have been two. Stockley looked to latch onto his teammate’s cross at the back-post but the striker was unable to get his boot to the ball.

Some quick-thinking from the home side could have seen them draw level in the 38th minute. Alex MacDonald played a short pass to Khan, who in turn found the head of Preston, but his downwards header fell short of Walker and was able to be cleared by Jordan Tillson.

Boateng then found himself on the end of Law’s delivery – however he found the ball stuck under his feet before it was cleared away by Ryan Sweeney.

Then it was the turn of Pierce Sweeney to try and double the visitors’ lead. He fired the ball, on the half-volley, towards Olejnik’s goal but the shot-stopper stooped down well to grasp the ball.

Sweeney’s effort signalled the last notable action of the first-half which saw the home side one goal down.

Exeter boasted the better of the early second-half chances as they looked to extend their lead at One Call Stadium.

Law found Lee Holmes with a diagonal pass before the he cut inside and saw his effort deflected over the bar.

Then, moments later, Stockley hit the post for the second time in the match. Olejnik was undecided in whether to stay home or claim the cross, and this allowed Exeter’s striker to nod a free header onto the post.

Mansfield then worked themselves a corner via Hayden White’s blocked cross. Khan swung in a pinpoint delivery that was met by the head of a leaping Krystian Pearce. Unfortunately he could not direct his header goalwards.

And no less than a minute later the Grecians bagged their second of the afternoon. Boateng was found in acres of space inside the Stags’ penalty area and he squared it to Law who was able to bundle it home from close range on 57 minutes.

Four minutes later, though, the Stags cut the two-goal deficit in half. MacDonald provided the cross for substitute Danny Rose who had his initial header saved by Pym, but Walker was on-hand to poke home the rebound from point-blank range.

With just under an hour left on the clock Flitcroft’s men searched for a route back into the match.

Neal Bishop rifled an effort over the bar from the edge of the area and Sweeney was unable to find a teammate with a header back across goal.

Law then surged forward down the left-flank, beating MacDonald, as he fired a cross towards Stockley who glanced it wide.

Stags’ skipper, Pearce, met Khan’s corner on 73 minutes at the front post – but could only direct it into the arms of Pym.

The last 10 minutes saw relentless Mansfield pressure on Exeter’s back-line as the hosts sought to salvage at least a point.

Flitcroft’s second substitute, Timi Elsnik, let fly from the edge of a crowded penalty area but eventually saw it blocked due to the amount of bodies in front of him.

In the 85th minute, Khan won his side a foul after some neat footwork 25 yards from goal – but Mal Benning’s subsequent delivery evaded everyone.

MacDonald then launched a long-throw into the area which was met by Preston. The centre-back hooked an effort towards goal but it rolled harmlessly towards Pym.

Into the sixth minute of added time and the Stags won a foul through Pearce. The ball eventually found its way to Rose whose acrobatic effort was well saved.

Flitcroft and his side’s bounce-back ability will be tested next Saturday when they are next in action away to Cambridge United.

STAGS XI: Olejnik (GK), White (Benning 83’), Preston, Pearce ©, Bishop, MacDonald, Khan, Butcher (Rose 55’), Sweeney (Elsnik 69’), Walker, Hamilton.

SUBS NOT USED: Logan (GK), Atkinson, Gibbens, Graham.

EXETER CITY XI: Pym (GK), Sweeney, Martin, Tillson, Law, Holmes (Martin 72’), Stockley, Moxey, Croll, Taylor ©, Boateng (Ogbene 82’).

SUBS NOT USED: Hamon (GK), O’Shea, Forte, Oates, Abrahams.

REFEREE: Andy Haines.

ASSISTANTS: Declan Ford & Paul Hobday.

FOURTH OFFICIAL: Steven Rushton.

ATTENDANCE: 4,443 (228 away).

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account