Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
01 September 2018 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Stags vs Carlisle United

31 August 2018

Stags welcome Carlisle United to One Call Stadium this Saturday for a 3pm kick-off. Here's all you need to know ahead of the clash...

Stags' boss David Flitcroft confirmed that defenders Matt Preston and Hayden White will return to training tomorrow (Friday), and says that the pair are 'getting nearer' to full fitness.

Centre-backs David Mirfin and Zander Diamond will be absent as they continue their recoveries from long-term knee and back injuries, respectively.

This weekend's visitors will be without on-loan Middlesbrough goalkeeper Joe Fryer after he broke his leg during the 1-0 win over Crewe Alexandra last weekend. 

Captain Danny Grainger is also a doubt for the match as he went off in the first-half against Crewe with a calf injury.

The referee for this Saturday's game will be Darren Drysdale, assisted by Wayne Grunnill and Richard Wigglesworth. The fourth official will be Matthew Jones.

The last time Mr. Drysdale took charge of a Stags' fixture was in our famous 1-0 derby day victory over Chesterfield last season. Left-back Mal Benning scored the winning goal in the second-half to the delight of the sold-out away end.

Stags maintained their unbeaten start to the league season with their 1-1 draw against Macclesfield Town last Saturday. On Tuesday night Mansfield battled against West Brom and were unfortunate not to take the Carabao Cup clash to penalties following a string of late chances.

Carlisle have made an excellent start to the league campaign, winning their last three, and finding themselves fourth in the table. They quickly recovered from their 5-1 loss to Blackburn Rovers in the Carabao Cup, beating Cheltenham, Port Vale and Crewe successively following their cup exit.



Tickets for the match are available to purchase online via, at the ticket office on Quarry Lane, or by calling the ticket office on 01623 482 482.

Supporters can also purchase tickets on the day of the game. The matchday ticket office will also be open for fans to buy tickets from 12pm until 3pm.

Our family ticket offer is also available for Saturday's game, which admits one adult and one child for just ÂŁ18! Supporters that have purchased a family ticket will be seated in our family block, which is located in Block A of the Quarry Lane End. Fans with a family ticket may also be seated in Block B of the Quarry Lane End if demand dictates so.

Full ticket information can be found here.

Please note that, on police advice and for ease of congestion, the gate between the North and Ian Greaves Stand will be closed after every home game this season, re-opening approximately 20 minutes after the final whistle.

The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open at 9am, serving delicious cooked breakfasts until 11am. After this, the bar will not serve food from the main menu, although the matchday kiosk inside the bar will open at 12.30pm, serving pies, chips, burgers and hot dogs.

Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available for both home and away supporters, and the bar is located at the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand.

The bar will begin to serve food from its main menu following the full-time whistle. 

The sports bar will remain open until 11pm after the match.

Ticket holders in Blocks N, P, Q and R of the Ian Greaves Upper tier will also be able to access our Kevin Bird Suite from 1pm.

Supporters will also be able to purchase this season's first edition of our award-winning matchday programme, The Stag, which will be available to buy around the ground for just ÂŁ3 before the match. Fans can buy The Stag from the merchandise stand near the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, or any of our mobile programme vendors around the ground.


Car parking is severely restricted at One Call Stadium and works on a first come, first served basis. All reserved car parking spaces are within the location of the Ian Greaves Stand car park.

Matchday parking costs ÂŁ5.00 per car. Please note that the car park shuts at 30 minutes prior to kick-off due to safety regulations.
The following sites, owned by Mansfield District Council and with easy access to the One Call Stadium are Grove Street, Victoria Street, Garden Road and Church Lane.

Charges are as follows:

Grove St 50p/hr.
Victoria St 50p/hr.
Garden Rd 50p/hr.
Church Lane 80p/hr.

All of the above pay and display surface level car parks offer cashless parking via RingGo as an additional way to pay.

Every car park has a unique code so people can either pay over the phone, by text, online or by using a free smartphone app.

Details of how to do this are displayed in each car park. Information about all Mansfield District Council car parks can be found at

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation. 

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


If you need to collect tickets, please head to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane. For ticket purchases, please visit the matchday ticket office, adjacent to the Quarry Lane Stand, around the corner from the main ticket office.

Entry to the Quarry Lane End is via the turnstiles situated parallel to the road running alongside One Call Stadium. 

The Ian Greaves Stand is the main stand at One Call Stadium, which backs onto the main car park. 

Away fans are housed in the North Stand, which is located next to Portland Retail Park. Please note: there is no matchday parking in the retail park.

Can't make it to the game? You can follow the action live via our Twitter feed or via the match centre on our wesbite, which will contain Opta-populated updates.

iFollow Stags subscribers can listen to full-match commentary of the clash, courtesy of commentators Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes.

A report of the match will be published on the club website after the full-time whistle, and post-match reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Stags 1-0 Carlisle United

1 September 2018

Mansfield Town emerged as 1-0 victors over Carlisle United courtesy of a Tyler Walker penalty at One Call Stadium this afternoon.

In a hotly-contested affair in, Mansfield Town extended their unbeaten league run to six games as they held onto a solitary penalty from on-loan striker, Walker.

Despite creating several chances throughout the 90 minutes to put the game beyond doubt, the home side dug deep and secured a clean sheet on top of three points. It was a performance that would no doubt please Stags’ boss David Flitcroft.

There were a total of four changes from the mid-week cup defeat at the Hawthorns. Flitcroft welcomed back Danny Rose into the starting XI for Saturday’s affair – as he took the place of Craig Davies for his first start of the season.

The gaffer also included Alex MacDonald, Matt Preston and Hayden White from the outset as they replaced Calum Butcher, Mal Benning and Will Atkinson, respectively.

Tyler Walker, who was one half of the Stags’ strike force on Saturday afternoon, was called into defensive action early on as he won a smart foul to relieve his team of early pressure from the visiting side.

In the third minute, White then slipped in Otis Khan, but by the time Rose had peeled back for the reverse ball the midfielder had already flashed one across the face of goal.

Walker, down his more favoured end of the pitch this time, opted to shoot from 25 yards – a low, driven effort that was stopped by the outstretched hand of Adam Collin.

Regaining possession in the centre of the park, Rose came away with the ball and drove forward. He in turn found Khan racing through but was stopped by the Cumbrians’ skipper, Gary Liddle.

Minutes later, MacDonald miscued what would have been a spectacular half-volley from the edge of Collin’s box. He ultimately found the visiting supporters in the R.N Surfacing Stand rather than the goal.

On 15 minutes it was Carlisle’s turn to attack through Richie Bennett. The right wing-back made half a yard on White to deliver a cross that was calmly dealt with by the hands of Robert Olejnik.

Seven minutes later signalled the first clear-cut chance of the match.

White charged down the right-flank and his attempted cross was deflected beyond the by-line; whereby the subsequent corner was met by the head of Rose. It looked for all the world that striker had bagged his first league goal of the season, had it not been for Liddle once more who stood firm to deny him on the goal line.

The Stags came close again on the half-hour mark. Ryan Sweeney peeled off at the back-post trying to latch onto a cross from MacDonald but the centre-back couldn’t leap high enough to connect.

Liddle and Rose were the two names in action moments later when the latter was adjudged, by referee Darren Drysdale, to have been bundled over. Khan took the subsequent free-kick but the visitors were able to clear their lines effectively.

The game entered a stop-start phase following Khan’s set-piece delivery with neither side able to muster an attempt at goal until one minute before half-time. Mansfield Town had a sustained spell of possession that should have been rewarded with a goal.

CJ Hamilton was set through by Khan’s intricate pass as the winger struck his effort at the legs of a diving Collin. The ball looked to be trickling in as it continued to spin goalwards but it was hooked away to safety by Liddle.

Seconds before the whistle, Khan curled a shot goalwards that was turned behind for yet another Stags corner. He went over to deliver and Matt Preston’s diving header crashed into the ground and, much to the frustration of the home side, over the bar.

MacDonald carried the Stags’ fighting spirit into the second-half as he crashed into several tackles inside the first five minutes.

Hamilton then looked to drive into the box on 50 minutes and he did so finding a low cross that was launched away by Anthony Gerrard.

Flitcroft looked on from the sidelines as he watched his side spurn another great chance to open the scoring. Walker did well to nick the ball high up the pitch and find his partner, Rose, but he was unable to find the target with an effort from 17 yards out.

He then had another chance less than a minute later when the ball fell kindly to him inside the area. He struck it first time, right-footed, but Collin was there to thwart the Stags once more.

But the home side made their pressure count in the 55th minute. Hamilton looked to break free from the Cumbrians’ back-line, only to win his side a spot-kick after being fouled just inside the area.

Walker stepped up from 12 yards and, as he has done on more than one occasion already this season, slid home straight down the middle to give his side a deserved lead.

Rose was then fouled on the right-hand side of Carlisle’s penalty area as the Stags looked to double their tally. Khan delivered a low cross to the feet of the striker who had been fouled prior, but he saw his shot blocked well.

Olejnik then had his first real test of the afternoon on the hour mark. He dived low to his right in order to stop Jerry Yates’ shot creeping in at the near-post.

MacDonald lined up an effort 22-yards from goal after Khan played a square pass. The midfielder watched his effort go behind for a corner, before winning a free-kick from the subsequent passage of play. Khan took the free-kick but never troubled Collin.

After being brought on in place of Rose, Craig Davies found himself in acres of space behind the visitors’ defence. He had several bites at the cherry but was unable to conjure a second goal that could have ultimately put the game to bed.

And in the 73rd minute the Stags could have been awarded their second spot-kick of the afternoon. Davies looked to have been fouled by Liddle; however, the referee pointed only for a corner-kick.

The game began to turn slightly scrappy as Mansfield held onto their one-goal cushion heading into the final ten minutes of the encounter.

MacDonald did well to win his side a goal kick, and momentary relief, as his clearance cannoned off Carlisle substitute, Ashley Nadesan.

In the 82nd minute the Stags blew a chance to net their second goal. Khan drove forward with purpose, linking up with Davies, and rattling the post with his prodded effort – before Walker ballooned the rebound clear of the crossbar.

Carlisle began to press hard for an equaliser into the final few minutes of normal time at One Call Stadium – but Mansfield were resolute. Time and time again, the likes of Krystian Pearce, Sweeney and Preston were on hand to snuff out any danger from the visiting outfit.

Yates had a great chance to nod his side level in the second minute of added time, but Olejnik reacted well to deny him with a fine save.

And the Stags’ goalkeeper clutched the ball minutes later as it bounced around his penalty area. His subsequent clearance downfield signalled the end of a pulsating match that showed great character from Flitcroft’s men.

The Stags are next in action on Tuesday when they make the short trip to Lincoln City in the Checkatrade Trophy.

STAGS XI: Olejnik (GK), White, Preston, Pearce ©, Bishop, MacDonald, Khan (Butcher 90+3’), Sweeney, Walker, Hamilton, Rose (Davies 62’).

SUBS NOT USED: Logan (GK), Gibbens, Benning, Atkinson, Mellis.

CARLISLE UNITED XI: Collin (GK), Liddle ©, Gerrard, Parkes, Hope, Devitt (Sowerby 60’), Glendon (Nadesan 60’), Gillesphey, Bennett (Campbell 70’), Yates, Etuhu.

SUBS NOT USED: O’Reilly, Miller, Slater, Adewusi.

REFEREE: Darren Drysdale.

ASSISTANTS: Wayne Grunnill & Richard Wigglesworth.


ATTENDANCE: 4,470 (373 away).

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account