Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
17 November 2018 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Stags vs Port Vale

16 November 2018

Stags welcome Port Vale to One Call Stadium this Saturday for our latest clash in Sky Bet League Two. Here's all you need to know ahead of the match...

The duo of Alex MacDonald and David Mirfin will miss the match as they continue their recoveries from knee injuries. The game will also come too soon for midfielder Otis Khan.

Port Vale Neil Aspin has a clean bill of health going into this weekend's match.

Stags made it 13 games unbeaten in all competitions on Tuesday night with a 3-2 victory over Scunthorpe, in which midfielder Timi Elsnik scored a late winner.

Port Vale were also successful in their recent Checkatrade Trophy fixture, beating Walsall 2-1. The Valiants have lost just one of their last five in all competitions.



We last faced Port Vale towards the back end of last season at One Call Stadium, with the match finishing 1-1. In the reverse fixture at Vale Park last term, Stags ran out emphatic 4-0 winners.

The referee for Saturday's match will be Martin Coy, assisted by Steven Plane and Robert Atkin. The fourth official will be Abbas Khan.

The last time Mr. Coy took charge of a Stags' game was our 0-0 draw against Yeovil in December of last year.

Tickets for the match are available to purchase online via, at the ticket office on Quarry Lane, or by calling the ticket office on 01623 482 482.

Supporters can also purchase tickets on the day of the game. The matchday ticket office will also be open for fans to buy tickets from 12pm until 3pm.

Our family ticket offer is also available for Saturday's game, which admits one adult and one child for just £18! Supporters that have purchased a family ticket will be seated in our family block, which is located in Block A of the Quarry Lane End. Fans with a family ticket may also be seated in Block B of the Quarry Lane End if demand dictates so.

This week in our family room, we will be hosting our very own Lego masterclass! Read more about this here.

Full ticket information can be found here.

Please note that, on police advice and for ease of congestion, the gate between the North and Ian Greaves Stand will be closed after every home game this season, re-opening approximately 20 minutes after the final whistle.

The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open at 9am, serving delicious cooked breakfasts until 11am. After this, the bar will not serve food from the main menu, although the matchday kiosk inside the bar will open at 12.30pm, serving pies, chips, burgers and hot dogs.

Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available for both home and away supporters, and the bar is located at the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand.

The bar will begin to serve food from its main menu following the full-time whistle. 

The sports bar will remain open until 11pm after the match.

Ticket holders in Blocks N, P, Q and R of the Ian Greaves Upper tier will also be able to access our Kevin Bird Suite from 1pm.

Supporters will also be able to purchase our award-winning matchday programme, The Stag, which will be available to buy around the ground for just £3 before the match.

Fans can buy The Stag from the merchandise stand near the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, or any of our mobile programme vendors around the ground.

Car parking is severely restricted at One Call Stadium and works on a first come, first served basis. All reserved car parking spaces are within the location of the Ian Greaves Stand car park.

Matchday parking costs £5.00 per car. Please note that the car park shuts at 30 minutes prior to kick-off due to safety regulations.
The following sites, owned by Mansfield District Council and with easy access to the One Call Stadium are Grove Street, Victoria Street, Garden Road and Church Lane.

Charges are as follows:

Grove St 50p/hr.
Victoria St 50p/hr.
Garden Rd 50p/hr.
Church Lane 80p/hr.

All of the above pay and display surface level car parks offer cashless parking via RingGo as an additional way to pay.

Every car park has a unique code so people can either pay over the phone, by text, online or by using a free smartphone app.

Details of how to do this are displayed in each car park. Information about all Mansfield District Council car parks can be found at

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation. 

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


If you need to collect tickets, please head to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane. For ticket purchases, please visit the matchday ticket office, adjacent to the Quarry Lane Stand, around the corner from the main ticket office.

Entry to the Quarry Lane End is via the turnstiles situated parallel to the road running alongside One Call Stadium. 

The Ian Greaves Stand is the main stand at One Call Stadium, which backs onto the main car park. 

Away fans are housed in the North Stand, which is located next to Portland Retail Park. Please note: there is no matchday parking in the retail park.

Can't make it to the game? You can follow the action live via our Twitter updates or via the match centre on, which can be found here.

iFollow Stags subscribers can listen to full-match commentary of the clash, courtesy of commentators Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes.

A report of the match will be published on the club website after the full-time whistle, and post-match reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Supporters who are blind or visually impaired can take advantage of our fantastic free audio descriptive commentary service.

Provided by Alan March Sport, supporters can listen to commentary from trained audio description broadcasters.

To take advantage of this free service, please visit the entrance to the Kevin Bird Suite at One Call Stadium after 1.00pm on Saturday.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Stags 1-0 Port Vale

17 November 2018

CJ Hamilton’s emphatic first-half finish was enough to see Mansfield Town to a 1-0 victory over Port Vale at One Call Stadium.

In a game that started without any notable action, Hamilton took full advantage of space afforded to him as he smashed the ball home just before the interval.

Port Vale’s mountain was then made even harder to climb on 63 minutes when Manny Oyeleke was shown a second yellow card. Ten-man Vale were unable to find the back of the net as Hamilton’s solitary strike gifted the hosts all three points.

David Flitcroft reverted back to the identical starting line-up that earned an Emirates FA Cup first-round replay against Charlton Athletic.

After victory in the Checkatrade Trophy, attentions turned back to league action as the Mansfield boss made no fewer than ten changes – Ryan Sweeney being the only player to keep his spot.

Under the low sun at One Call Stadium, the visitors started afternoon proceedings as the better side.

Tom Conlon dragged an effort wide from the edge of Bobby Olejnik’s area before Tom Pope was unable to meet Ben Whitfield’s flick-on.

But Mansfield grew into the game as time progressed, getting a feel for possession and zipping it around the turf.

Intricate play between Tyler Walker and Jacob Mellis ended with the latter firing the ball against the side netting.

Moments later, as he so often does, Hamilton burst down the wing and was inches away from breaking the deadlock. He rifled an effort across goal that clipped the outside of Scott Brown’s post.

Hayden White was then chopped down by Conlon, who received the game’s first booking, but the Stags couldn’t take advantage as the set-piece was subsequently cleared.

The hosts continued in their pursuit of the opening goal but lacked the final pass to fully open up the Vale back line.

Walker then turned away from Oyeleke to trigger a counter-attack, only to be dragged down to halt the breakaway.

Despite suffering a slow start, the Stags seemed to be moving up the gears as the clock ticked past the half-hour mark.

Walker, involved once more, curled an effort that was bending towards the far corner that was eventually blocked by Leon Legge.

Flitcroft’s side now held the upper hand and it showed in the 41st minute.

The first-half looked to be sauntering towards a stalemate before Hamilton raised the roof with a rocket.

Port Vale’s defenders momentarily stood still, allowing the winger to sneak in from the far side and bury the ball past Brown with aplomb.

The decibel levels had been raised around the stands as the Stags took an all-important lead heading into the break.

Mansfield picked up where they left off and would have been two goals to the good, had it not been for a fine reaction stop by Brown.

Craig Davies did well to drill the ball across to Walker, whose flick from three yards was turned away at point-blank range.

The Stags were now dominating all areas of the pitch as they sought after a two-goal cushion.

After some quick-thinking by Mellis, White delivered a superb, low cross that somehow evaded every shirt inside the box.

Things turned from bad to worse for the visiting outfit just past the hour mark when Oyeleke was shown a second yellow card.

Subsequent to being booked in the first period, the Vale midfielder then tripped Neal Bishop in an attempt to stop him bursting forward – and gave referee Martin Coy little say in the matter.

For the first time in a while, the visitors came forward and looked a threat to Olejnik’s goal. The Austrian shot-stopper was on hand to divert any immediate danger away with a strong punch.

Substitutes Cristian Montano and Louis Dodds were next to be pencilled into the referee’s notebook after they both mistimed their respective challenges.

Heading into the final 15 minutes, Mansfield had their slender lead to hold onto as the Vale pressed forward.

Soon after, though, Rose and Walker together looked bewildered as they were unable to put the game to bed.

The former stung the palms of Brown after seemingly rounding him, before the follow-up fell to Walker which was blazed over the bar.

And immediately following this, the Stags broke from a Vale attack with no less than five players.

However, hesitant play towards the final third ensured Neil Aspin’s side were able get enough bodies behind the ball and see it out only for a corner.

Rose found himself in the clear as the game headed into injury time, but Brown was able to get a strong wrist to the ball and turn it behind.

White then made a lung-busting run down the length of the pitch, before seeing his cut-back evade three Stags' players who looked to be queuing up in the middle.

Somehow, Mansfield were unable to net a second goal but were not made to rue their missed chances as they picked up a second successive victory in their Sky Bet League Two campaign.

Flitcroft’s side are back in action this Tuesday when they make the long trip down to Charlton, in a bid to reach the Emirates FA Cup second round.

STAGS XI: Olejnik (GK), White, Benning, Preston, Pearce ©, Bishop, Mellis, Davies (Rose 54’), Sweeney (Elsnik 77’), Walker (Graham 86’), Hamilton.

SUBS NOT USED: Logan (GK), Atkinson, Butcher, Smith.

PORT VALE XI: Brown (GK), Joyce, Legge, Oyeleke, Pope ©, Hannant, Rawlinson, Smith, Conlon (Dodds 55’), Clark, Whitfield (Montano 55’).

SUBS NOT USED: Hornby (GK), Kay, Quigley, Vassell, Hardcastle.

REFEREE: Martin Coy.
ASSISTANTS: Steven Plane & Robert Atkin.

ATTENDANCE: 4,316 (459 away).

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account