Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 12:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
11 November 2018 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 12:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Stags vs Charlton (FA Cup first round)

9 November 2018

Stags welcome Charlton Athletic to One Call Stadium on Sunday 11 November for a first round clash in the Emirates FA Cup (12.45pm kick-off). Here's all you need to know ahead of the clash...

Midfielder Alex MacDonald has had a setback in his recovery from a knee operation, so will miss the match. Defender David Mirfin will also be absent, and midfielder Otis Khan is a doubt for the game.

Addicks' midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey will miss the game, as he is out for the season with an ACL injury. Striker Billy Clarke is a doubt for the game, yet is set to return soon from an injury that has kept him sidelined since last December. Defenders Patrick Bauer and Lewis Page will also be absent, along with striker Lyle Taylor.

Stags made it 11 games unbeaten in all competitions on Tuesday night with their comeback 2-1 victory over Grimsby Town at One Call Stadium. On-form striker Tyler Walker scored his second brace in successive matches to secure the win.

Charlton have won three out of their last five games going into the match, with their last two fixtures resulting in 2-0 victories over Walsall and Doncaster.



We last faced the Addicks over 40 years ago in April 1978. Charlton ran out 3-0 winners at Field Mill (now named One Call Stadium) in the match.

The referee for Sunday's match will be Ollie Yates, assisted by Peter Gooch and Robert Atkin. The fourth official will be Simon Mather.

This will be the first fixture involving Mansfield that Mr. Yates will have taken charge of.

Tickets for the match are now available from the Stags’ ticket office at One Call Stadium or online via

Ticket prices are confirmed as follows:






(65+ and U18)




*Supporters aged under 11 must be accompanied by a paying adult.

Ambulant disabled supporters should produce the necessary paperwork and be on the higher rate of disability to receive a free carer ticket free of charge. 






(65+ and U18)




For the avoidance of doubt, the Quarry Lane Stand will also be open for the match.

Hospitality for the match will include an English brunch prior to the game followed by a steak & ale pie at half-time. Admission prices are £40 for adults and £35 for under 18s. The price also includes an official teamsheet, match programme and VIP seating,

Book your tickets by telephoning commercial manager Paul Nyland via 01623 482 482 (option 3) or e-mail

In the event of scores being level after 90 minutes, a replay will take place at The Valley on Tuesday 20 November and the following ticket prices would be charged by Charlton Athletic both in advance or on matchday:





(65+ and U18)




Emirates FA Cup games are not available for live viewing internationally or domestically on iFollow Stags – the club’s online premium broadcast channel.

The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open at 10am on Sunday morning, and from 11am the matchday kiosk inside the bar will serve pies, chips, burgers and hot dogs.

Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available for both home and away supporters, and the bar is located at the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand.

Supporters will also be able to purchase our award-winning matchday programme, The Stag, which will be available to buy around the ground for just £2 before the match.

Fans can buy the special FA Cup edition of The Stag from the merchandise stand near the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, or any of our mobile programme vendors around the ground.

Please note that, on police advice and for ease of congestion, the gate between the North and Ian Greaves Stand will be closed after every home game this season, re-opening approximately 20 minutes after the final whistle.

Supporters should also note that the Kevin Bird Suite will not be open for Sunday's game.

Car parking is severely restricted at One Call Stadium and works on a first come, first served basis. All reserved car parking spaces are within the location of the Ian Greaves Stand car park.

Matchday parking costs £5.00 per car. Please note that the car park shuts at 30 minutes prior to kick-off due to safety regulations.
The following sites, owned by Mansfield District Council and with easy access to the One Call Stadium are Grove Street, Victoria Street, Garden Road and Church Lane.

Charges are as follows:

Grove St 50p/hr.
Victoria St 50p/hr.
Garden Rd 50p/hr.
Church Lane 80p/hr.

All of the above pay and display surface level car parks offer cashless parking via RingGo as an additional way to pay.

Every car park has a unique code so people can either pay over the phone, by text, online or by using a free smartphone app.

Details of how to do this are displayed in each car park. Information about all Mansfield District Council car parks can be found at

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation. 

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


If you need to collect tickets, please head to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane. For ticket purchases, please visit the matchday ticket office, adjacent to the Quarry Lane Stand, around the corner from the main ticket office.

Entry to the Quarry Lane End is via the turnstiles situated parallel to the road running alongside One Call Stadium. 

The Ian Greaves Stand is the main stand at One Call Stadium, which backs onto the main car park. 

Away fans are housed in the North Stand, which is located next to Portland Retail Park. Please note: there is no matchday parking in the retail park.

Can't make it to the game? You can follow the action live via our Twitter updates or via the match centre on, which can be found here.

iFollow Stags subscribers can listen to full-match commentary of the clash, courtesy of commentators Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes.

A report of the match will be published on the club website after the full-time whistle, and post-match reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Stags 1-1 Charlton Athletic

11 November 2018

CJ Hamilton’s first-half opener was cancelled out by Toby Stevenson as Mansfield Town were held to a 1-1 draw against Charlton Athletic.

The Stags had to settle for a first round replay in the FA Cup as neither side could be separated on the day.

Hamilton found the back of the net just shy of half time to give his side a justified lead to take into the break. But the Addicks responded 27 minutes into the second period, as Stevenson’s fourth goal in two appearances forced the draw.

David Flitcroft made two changes for his side’s first round clash against Charlton.

Both Craig Davies and Hayden White were welcomed back into the starting line up as they replaced Danny Rose and Timi Elsnik. The latter suffering from a knock.

There were little to split the sides during the opening exchanges at One Call Stadium.

George Lapslie had the tie’s first real chance on five minutes as he looked to meet a low cross with a darting run at the near post. Fortunately for the Stags, he was unable to find the desired connection.

CJ Hamilton responded in immediate fashion, though, when he expertly plucked the ball from the air. The flying winger took one touch before unleashing a close-range strike that struck the frame of the goal.

It was soon the Addicks’ turn to attack again as Lapslie, in an identical position to last time, somehow placed the ball wide from six yards.

And the hosts almost took full advantage.

A training ground routine from a corner saw Tyler Walker dummy the ball for Neal Bishop – the midfielder forcing a brilliant save from Dillion Phillips.

The somewhat quiet start had livened up in the minutes that followed.

Charlton saw several long-range efforts float above Bobby Olejnik’s crossbar as well as an effort fizzed wide by Karlan Grant.

The Stags fashioned another chance via their third corner of the afternoon; a goal-bound header that was deflected behind at the last moment.

Mark Marshall broke into the box moments later but Mal Benning was on hand to halt the full-back’s progress.

Hamilton then almost saw his cut-back turn into a goal as his attempted delivery took a wicked deflection against the legs of Naby Sarr to ripple the side netting.

Grant had a superb chance to put the visitor’s in front not long after the half-hour mark, but skewed his effort well wide.

Flitcroft’s side looked to have the upper-hand heading into the last few minutes as they searched for the opening goal.

And it duly arrived on the stroke of half-time.

Not for the first time, Hamilton burst down the wing and unleashed a rasping drive that bounced off the inside of the post.

He had initially glanced up to find a teammate but ultimately needed nobody as he gave his side a deserved lead heading into half-time.

Just two minutes into the second half could have seen the Stags double their advantage through Hamilton again.

As he did for the opener, he drove down the left flank and struck the ball towards the opposite corner – this time, though, it was tipped wide by Phillips.

Marshall then whipped in a teasing cross that was flicked away by Preston to relieve any pressure.

Soon after, Benning found Walker with a delightful pass but the forward heaped too much pressure on the return ball, sending it out for a throw-in.

The hosts won a corner on the hour-mark as Bishop’s eventual effort was blocked well by Marshall inside the Addicks’ penalty area.

Flitcroft’s side were seeing the lion’s share of possession and looking to be edging ever closing to that all-important second goal.

Benning sent a fine cross into the mix but, somehow, it evaded everyone and bounced out only for a goal kick.

Charlton looked to counter attack with pace via substitute Tariqe Fosu, but Hamilton raced to back to make a vital interception – stopping the ball from reaching anyone lurking in the middle.

And in the 73rd minute the visitors were level.

Toby Stevenson poked the ball home after several ricochets spurned from Nicky Ajose’s cross.

Olejnik then kept proceedings at level pegging when Ajose ran through. The Stags ‘keeper spread himself well to ensure his side did not fall behind.

Moments later, Jacob Mellis received the ball on the edge of the box. Obliging to the chorus of “shoot” from the stands, the midfielder struck the ball but could only clip the outside of the post.

Billy Clarke then found himself in the referee’s notebook after a cynical foul on Hamilton to stop him charging into the area just three minutes from time.

The hosts pressed forward at every occasion towards the end of the second half, but were unable to find a last-gasp winner.

Pearce stumbled to gift the away side a corner in added time, however, the Addicks couldn’t take advantage.

The Stags then had a corner themselves but saw it cleared away too, signalling the end to an entertaining tie in the Emirates FA Cup.

It means Flitcroft’s men will visit The Valley to decide who progresses through to the second round.

In the meantime, it’s Scunthorpe United who visit One Call Stadium next as the Stags play their third and final game in the Checkatrade Trophy.

STAGS XI: Olejnik (GK), White, Benning (Butcher 78’), Preston, Pearce ©, Bishop, Mellis, Davies (Rose 60’), Sweeney, Walker (Graham 90+3’), Hamilton.

SUBS NOT USED: Logan (GK), Atkinson, Gibbens, Smith.

CHARLTON XI: Phillips (GK), Dijksteel, Marhsall, Pratley, Ward (56’ Fosu), Grant, Sarr, Ajose (Hackett-Fairchild 76’), Lapslie, Maloney (Clarke 69’), Stevenson.

SUBS NOT USED: Steer (GK), Morgan.

REFEREE: Ollie Yates.
ASSISTANTS: Peter Gooch & Robert Akin.

ATTENDANCE: 3,240 (492 away).

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account