Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

11 August 2018 Venue Huish Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Yeovil Town vs Stags

11 August 2018

Stags make the 214-mile journey to Huish Park on Saturday to face Yeovil Town (3pm kick-off). Here's all you need to know ahead of the clash...

Defensive duo David Mirfin and Zander Diamond will miss out as they continue their recoveries from long-term knee and back injuries, respectively.

Stags' boss David Flitcroft confirmed in his Tuesday morning news conference that there are no fresh injury concerns heading into the weekend's game.

Yeovil will be without defender Thomas James and midfielder Jordan Green, as the pair will serve their suspensions following their red cards in the recent 1-0 loss to Bury.

Stags last faced Yeovil in the penultimate match of last season, emerging as 3-2 victors. Mansfield came back from a losing position on two occasions during the contest.

Stags made a winning start to the 2018-19 season, hitting three past Newport County without reply on the opening day last Saturday, with goals coming from Tyler Walker and Otis Khan (2).

Yeovil didn't quite get the start they wished for, after seeing two of their players sent off before Bury substitute Gold Omotayo scored what proved to be the winner in the 89th minute.



The referee for Saturday's game will be Neil Hair, assisted by Kevin Morris and Ronald Ganfield. The fourth official will be Christopher Wade.

Saturday's match will be the first Stags' fixture that Mr. Hair will have taken charge of.

Stags have received an initial allocation of 400 tickets for the clash.

Full ticket information can be found here.

Car parking is available for just ÂŁ3 on each side of the ground. Follow the signs from the A303 and Asda roundabout.

There are several pubs close to Huish Park that welcome away supporters, with the closest being The Airfield Tavern and The Arrow.

Stags’ fans will also be able to purchase pies, sweets and drinks in the snack bars located in the away terrace area.

Supporters travelling with the Stags Supporters Association should note that the coach will leave One Call Stadium car park at 8.30am.

You can follow the game live via our Twitter updates, which can be found at The match centre on the website will also contain Opta-populated updates, which can be found here.

iFollow Stags subscribers can listen to full-match commentary of the big game by logging into

A match report will be available to view on our website shortly after the full-time whistle, and full post-match reaction will be available for iFollow Stags subscribers by logging in through the aforementioned link.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Yeovil Town 2-2 Stags

11 August 2018

Mansfield Town played out an enthralling 2-2 draw against Yeovil Town at Huish Park, coming back from behind twice thanks to goals from Craig Davies and Matt Preston.

In what was a gripping game of football, both sets of fans were treated to four goals within the first 25 minutes. The Glovers’ Diallang Jaiyesimi and Yoann Arquin twice put the home side ahead, but were pegged back by goals from the Stags' Davies and Preston, respectively.

The second-half didn’t deliver any more goals, but the match itself never lacked a fiery edge that could have seen it swing in either side’s favour quite easily.

Stags' boss David Flitcroft named an unchanged line-up to face the Glovers after last week’s victory at home to Newport County.

It was an end-to-end start to the game as both sides looked to control from the outset. In the light drizzle at Huish Park, Neal Bishop won the game’s first set-piece on four minutes, but it was to no avail as Alex MacDonald’s subsequent attempt was blocked by a strong Yeovil wall.

However, there was soon to be an early setback for the Stags as Diallang Jaiyesimi controlled a lofted through ball, before tucking it beyond the onrushing Conrad Logan to give his side the lead in just the sixth minute.

As Flitcroft’s side immediately set out to draw level, it was Otis Khan who had the game’s next chance at goal. Returning to Huish Park after his move to Mansfield last summer, he attempted an audacious overhead kick that ultimately fell wide of Nathan Baxter’s

But Mansfield found their first equaliser courtesy of Craig Davies. The striker benefitted from some loose play inside the host’s penalty area, before firing the ball low and into the bottom corner.

Khan, who looked sharp all game, was involved once more as he wriggled through Yeovil’s defence. Unfortunately, his effort at goal could only find the side netting – much to the delight of the home crowd.

And their delight didn’t end there as they witnessed their side regain the lead on 17 minutes. A long throw from Carl Dickinson was not dealt with by the Stags’ back-line, allowing Yoann Arquin to pounce on the initial shot that was well saved by Conrad Logan and poke home.

Yeovil almost had the chance to extend their lead just three minutes later, had it not been for a handball by their skipper, Francois Zoko, which was spotted by referee Neil Hair.

Moments later, Davies fired a curling effort from the edge of the area that was well-held by Baxter.

The frantic nature to the game ensued as the Glovers came close once more. Arquin played an inch-perfect ball past Krystian Pearce that was seized upon by Jaiyesimi – but he could only lift the ball over Logan’s crossbar.

Mal Benning then found Khan who had peeled out to the left hand side, before he danced past the defender and was able to pick out Matt Preston in the middle. The centre-back came charging forward to connect with the ball and head an emphatic second equaliser for the Stags.

Mansfield could have found themselves ahead for the first time in the match, after some quick thinking from skipper Pearce on the half-an-hour mark. Winning a free-kick, he played a one-two with Tyler Walker but his rasping effort sailed marginally over.

Davies then misjudged a header but the threat was not extinguished as Walker found himself in-behind; firing past Baxter’s far-post.

On 37 minutes, Hayden White looked to set his team on the front foot once more. He burst out from the back, but a heavy touch denied him any opportunity of creating a chance for his side.

The Stags continued to pile on the pressure right up until the half-time whistle. Benning this time drove forward, however, the left-back had the ball stolen from his feet before he had any time to react.

He was then booked in the 45th minute for a foul on the halfway line against the game’s first goalscorer, Jaiyesimi.

A free-kick from White that was headed out of play by D’Almeida signalled the end to an enthralling first-half of football at Huish Park.

Both sides began the second-half with similar intentions to the first – albeit with less goals. First Khan, and then D’Almeida, both watched courageous attempts sail off target less than ten minutes into the half.

On the hour mark, Benning bombed down the left-hand side and managed to find Walker with space inside the 18-yard box. The striker’s first-time effort was heading goalwards but was well blocked by Yeovil substitute, Gary Warren.

This time it was White’s turn to try his luck down the opposite flank, but his cross was held at the near-post by Baxter.

Flitcroft’s outfit could have fallen behind for a third time in the match, when Preston’s attempted clearance fell to the feet of Jaiyesimi. The striker swivelled on the ball and his eventual shot somehow flew wide of the target from nine yards.

Logan came to the Stags’ rescue on 67 minutes saving a drilled effort from Arquin before the latter fired the rebound into the stand.

Moments later, Stags could have been in front. Khan was slipped in by White down the right-hand side, and his pull-back found Walker who was unable to beat Baxter with his effort.

Mansfield grew in stature as the clocked ticked towards full-time. Walker’s next involvement was a lofted cross to the back-post that found his strike-partner, Davies. Nodding the ball back across, it took a vital touch from Yeovil’s Sowunmi to stop any threat of a third Stags goal.

With ten minutes remaining, Preston was adjudged to have pulled down Zoko on the edge of the area, and the Glovers’ subsequent set-piece was headed into the mid-rift of Logan by Sowunmi.

Khan found a pocket of space in the middle, and slid through Walker with precision. The striker looked to be unleashing an effort goalwards but a challenge came in at the last moment to deny him.

Moments from full-time, Preston rose highest from Khan’s delivery but his glancing header only found the advertising boards behind Baxter’s goal.

Ultimately, Flitcroft’s side will take a battling point from a match that delivered many positives, as they look forward to a Carabao Cup First Round tie at home to Accrington Stanley in three days’ time.

STAGS XI: Logan (GK), White, Benning, Preston, Pearce ©, Bishop, MacDonald (Mellis 87’), Davies (Butcher 83’), Khan, Walker, Hamilton.

SUBS NOT USED: Olejnik (GK), Sweeney, Gibbens, Graham, Atkinson.

YEOVIL TOWN XI: Baxter (GK), Dickinson, Mugabi, Sowunmi, Zoko ©, Jaiyesimi (Henry 74’), Arquin, D’Almeida, McDonald, Donnellan (Warren 46’), D’Abadia (Pattison 56’).

SUBS NOT USED: Phillips (GK), Cole, Fisher, Rogers.

REFEREE: Neil Hair

ASSISTANTS: Kevin Morris & Ronald Ganfield.

FOURTH OFFICIAL: Christopher Wade.

ATTENDANCE: 2,795 (315 away).

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account