Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
12 September 2017 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Stags vs Wycombe Wanderers

12 September 2017

Mansfield Town welcome Wycombe Wanderers to One Call Stadium on Tuesday evening (7.45pm kick-off) and this is your comprehensive guide to the fixture.

Stags have a clean bill of health ahead of Tuesday's clash after coming through the 4-1 victory over Grimsby Town unscathed. 

However, whilst speaking to the local media on Monday morning, manager Steve Evans hinted that he could make changes to his side to freshen things up. 

The Chairboys will be sweating on the fitness of talisman Adebayo Akinfenwa after he missed Saturday's draw with a knock picked up in their previous match against Forest Green Rovers. 

Midfielder Scott Saunders and forwards Scott Kashket and Nathan Tyson are all expected to miss out, but will be in contention 'soon', according to manager Gareth Ainsworth.

Stags are now unbeaten in their last three league games, recording a win and two draws. 

Back-to-back draws against Luton Town and Carlisle United were followed by Saturday's emphatic 4-1 win over Grimsby Town. 

Frontman Lee Angol bagged two penalties - Stags' first successful conversions of the season after missing the last three - whilst defender Krystian Pearce scored and forced an own goal from Grimsby's Karleigh Osborne. 

The Chairboys have won two and drawn one of their last three Sky Bet League Two matches. 

Saturday's 0-0 stalemate away at Newport County followed a 3-1 victory over Forest Green Rovers and a 3-2 win against Grimsby.

The draw against the Exiles was the first time that Gareth Ainsworth's side have failed to score in the league this season, coinciding with the injury to Bayo Akinfenwa - the Chairboys' top scorer with four strikes.

Our previous meeting was last season's fixture at Adams Park on Good Friday, from which the Stags ran out 1-0 victors. 

A tight affair was decided by a solitary goal from defender Krystian Pearce, as he followed in his header, which struck the post, to nod home the winner.

HEAD-TO-HEAD record: W: 6 | D: 8 | L: 9

The referee for the fixture is Robert Lewis and he will be assisted by Ian Smedley and Alf Greenwood. Michael D'Aguilar will undertake fourth official duties. 

Mr Lewis' last game officiating the Stags was our 4-0 win over Hartlepool United in February.

Stags' fans can purchase tickets both in advance and on the night of the game. 

You can save time by purchasing your seats online from and then choose the 'print at home' option. 

Ticket prices can be found here.

Tickets can be purchased by visiting the One Call Stadium ticket office or calling 01623 482 482.

Away supporters will be permitted to purchase tickets on the night of the game from our ticket office on Quarry Lane. 

Please note: tickets will only be available from the matchday ticket office. This is located next to the club shop and on-the-night purchases can only be made from the windows in the matchday ticket office. 

The main ticket office is only open for collections and away ticket purchases. The club shop will also be open for merchandise purchases.

The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open at 12.00pm for supporters to enjoy pre-match food and drink.

The main menu will be available until 4.00pm, before the matchday menu becomes available, serving food such as burgers, pies, chips and hot-dogs.

Furthermore, the bar will be serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day. 

Also in the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, the SSA will be selling their unique Stags v Wycombe Wanderers matchday pin badges for just £3. 

Supporters with a ticket in blocks N, P, Q and R of the Ian Greaves Stand (upper tier) will be able to access the Kevin Bird Suite from 5.45pm on Tuesday.

The Suite, situtated in the upper tier of the Ian Greaves Stand, will be serving hot and cold drinks for supporters to enjoy. The bar will also be open at half-time for supporters with a ticket in the aforementioned blocks.

We'll be publishing live text commentary of the encounter on our twitter feed and the match centre on will contain Opta-populated updates.

To access our twitter feed, head to The match centre can be accessed here, or by clicking the link on the home page on Tuesday. 

Furthermore, iFollow Stags subscribers will be able to listen to full-match commentary of the clash, courtesy of commentators Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes. 

A report of the match will be published on after the game and full reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Stags 0-0 Wycombe Wanderers

12 September 2017

Mansfield Town had to settle for a point against Wycombe Wanderers as a tight affair on an extremely wet evening at One Call Stadium ended 0-0.

Both sides had their respective goalkeepers to thank for keeping the scoreline goal-less in the first half. Wycombe custodian Scott Brown clawed an effort from striker Lee Angol out of the top corner after the Stags' striker latched onto a cut-back from midfielder Calum Butcher. Then, at the other end, Conrad Logan had to be at full stretch to pull off an incredible save from Wycombe defender Dan Scarr's header.

Mansfield will feel that they had the better of the attacking play in the second half without forcing Brown into a meaningful save, whilst striker Craig Mackail-Smith had two half chances for the visitors.

Manager Steve Evans named an unchanged side for the first time this season following Saturday's emphatic 4-1 win over Grimsby. The bench was also unchanged.

The Stags started the brighter of the two sides and had the first sight on goal. An early foul on Angol by centre-half Dan Scarr lead to a free-kick in a promising position. The ball was curled in by winger Alex MacDonald but Wycombe got a good head on it to clear the danger.

Former Peterborough United forward Angol was in the thick of things moments later as he nearly fired the Stags ahead. Good play down the right led to midfielder Calum Butcher pulling the back for Angol, but his high shot was palmed away acrobatically by Brown.

Wycombe failed to clear the resulting corner but managed to get the ball away eventually after right-back Rhys Bennett headed a chance into Brown's grateful hands.

Dan Scarr's header was easily held by Conrad Logan in what was only a half-chance for the visitors as they began to find their feet in the game.

Mansfield continued their positive start and good inter-play on the edge of the box by Angol, striker Kane Hemmings and winger Alex MacDonald ended in the latter seeing a shot deflected out for a corner.

Wycombe were struggling to deal with Angol and his floated ball from the right was inches away from the head of Kane Hemmings to deny what would have been a certain goal.

Mansfield were well on top in the opening stages but were given a reminder of Wycombe's capabilities on 17 minutes. Forward Ebere Eze wriggled into some room on the edge of the area and he curled a left-footed shot just wide of Logan's far post.

Wycombe were growing into the game and Eze was involved in their next big chance. His good footwork in the corner drew a foul from midfielder Joel Byrom near the byline. Dan Scarr climbed highest to meet the free-kick and he produced a bullet header that looked destined for the back of the net before Logan stretched out an arm to his right whilst he was moving to his left to claw the ball away brilliantly.

Mansfield had Logan's heroics to thank once again on 24 minutes. Chairboys' midfielder Marcus Bean's shot from 20 yards was parried out by the former Hibernian 'keeper but Bean was quickest to the rebound and he drilled another deflected effort at Logan before Mansfield's 'keeper was forced to throw his body on the line to deny midfielder Luke O'Nien from point-blank range.

As the torrential rain continued to fall at One Call Stadium, so did the Wycombe pressure. Striker Craig Mackail-Smith was next to try his luck for Wycombe. He brought down centre-half Anthony Stewart's flick on inside the area but failed to properly get the ball out of his feet, only looping the ball over the bar under pressure.

Wycombe were enjoying the opportunity to get the ball in from set pieces and once again they nearly opened the scoring from a dead ball opportunity.

Left-back Joe Jacobson whipped in the ball from the left and O'Nien flicked a header just wide of the goal.

There was a momentary lapse in play just on the half hour mark as referee Rob Lewis went down with an injury that would prematurely end his evening and was replaced by assistant Ian Smedley.

Play got back underway and Eze was once again the danger man for the visitors as he cut inside from the left and smashed a shot straight at Logan.

Angol was feeling the full force of the Wycombe defence and he was brought down on the edge of the Chairboys' area with five minutes left of the first half.

The position favoured the left foot of full-back Johnny Hunt but his effort sailed over the bar.

Oxford United loanee Kane Hemmings had a late chance to fire the Stags into the lead in stoppage time, but he snatched at the ball as it came to him inside the area and skewed his shot away from goal.

Gaffer Steve Evans felt the need to shuffle his pack at the interval with widemen Paul Anderson and Will Atkinson being introduced in place of Alex MacDonald and Jacob Mellis, and Mansfield nearly got off to the perfect start.

Hemmings ran to the front post and flicked a Hunt cross into the side netting with the second half less than a minute old.

Striker Hemmings then drove a free-kick low into the wall after another Wycombe foul on Angol just outside the box.

Right-back Rhys Bennett then went agonisingly close to heading home Hemmings' teasing cross from the left before the ball was played back into danger and Wycombe were able to clear from a goalmouth scramble.

Striker Craig Mackail-Smith nearly showed what's made him one of the most prolific strikers in the English Football League in recent years when he did well to spin defender David Mirfin on the edge of the box, but the Stags' man recovered well to block Mackail-Smith's shot.

Chairboys' midfielder Luke O'Nien was next in the referee's notebook after he sent Rhys Bennett sprawling just inside the Mansfield half.

As both sides struggled in the driving rain, Stewart found himself in space 35 yards out but his speculative effort was never testing Logan as it flew high and wide.

Midfielder Calum Butcher's yellow card early in the second half may have been in Steve Evans' mind when he substituted him for winger Alfie Potter, who was almost immediately sent crashing to the ground by a flailing arm from Chairboys' captain Joe Jacobson. Stags wanted the left-back to see red, but stand-in referee Ian Smedley showed him a yellow card instead.

With fifteen minutes left on the clock, nothing was giving and both sides were struggling to produce that moment of quality that could decide the game.

Two Stags' substitutes nearly combined to devastating effect with ten minutes remaining. Potter did well to get clear on the right wing and he slid a ball across the face of goal with Anderson agonisingly close to turning the ball home from underneath the bar.

Despite the best efforts of both sides, that proved to be the last of the goalmouth action as they both had to settle for a point each on a difficult evening in the pouring Mansfield rain.

STAGS' XI: Logan, Bennett, Pearce ©, Mirfin, Hunt, MacDonald (Anderson 46), Byrom, Mellis (Atkinson 46), Butcher (Potter 61), Hemmings, Angol

SUBS NOT USED: Olejnik (GK), Diamond, Rose, Spencer

WYCOMBE XI: Brown, Harriman, Stewart, Scarr, Jacobson ©,Bean, Gape, O'Nien (Bloomfield 74), Eze, Umerah (Southwell 83), Mackail-Smith (Cowan-Hall 68)

SUBS NOT USED: Richardson (GK), Jombati, El-Abd, Freeman

ATTENDANCE: 2,938 (154 away)

REFEREE: Robert Lewis (replaced by Ian Smedley after 35 minutes)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account