Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
05 May 2018 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match Preview: Stags vs Crawley Town

4 May 2018

Stags welcome Crawley Town to One Call Stadium this Saturday for the final league game of the 2018/19 season. Here's all you need to know ahead of the big match...

Stags’ boss David Flitcroft has said there is a possibility that the duo of Hayden White and Ricky Miller could make the bench for this weekend’s game, after missing the past couple of weeks with injury.

Defender David Mirfin will miss out as he continues to recover from knee surgery.

Crawley Town boss Harry Kewell has the luxury of picking from a full-strength side for this weekend’s game. Striker Karlan Ahearne-Grant and midfielders Jimmy Smith and Josh Payne all returned to the starting XI for the Red Devils’ 2-1 loss to Crewe Alexandra.

The last time we faced Crawley was at the Stadium back in December of last year. The Red Devils won the game 2-0 thanks to goals from Joe McNerney and Ibrahim Meite.

The referee for the game will be Ben Toner, assisted by Gareth Mellor and Barry Gordon. The fourth official will be Daniel Middleton.

The last time Mr. Toner took charge of a Stags’ game was our 5-0 demolition of Newport County at One Call Stadium in February. Alfie Potter scored a hat-trick in a game that saw the Stags 4-0 up at half-time.

Supporters can visit the matchday ticket office (next to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane) to purchase tickets. Supporters who wish to pay with cash only can also buy matchday tickets in a fast-track queue. 

Fans can also buy tickets for the game online by visiting

If you fancy treating the kids to a trip to One Call Stadium this Saturday, our family ticket offer is available for just £18! It admits one child and one adult, and you will make a massive saving of £22! Our younger Stags can also get involved in our family Fun Day before the match - read more about that offer here.

More information about tickets can be found here.

The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open from 9.00am on Saturday, serving the breakfast menu until 11.00am. 

After that, the matchday food menu will become available, which includes pies, chips, burgers and hot dogs.

Furthermore, the bar will be serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to supporters of both clubs.

Also in the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, the Stags' Supporters Association will be selling their unique Stags vs Crawley Town matchday pin badges for just £3. 

Supporters with a ticket in blocks N, P, Q and R of the Ian Greaves Stand (upper tier) will be able to access the Kevin Bird Suite from 12.00pm on Saturday.

The Suite, situated in the upper tier of the Ian Greaves Stand, will be serving hot and cold drinks for supporters to enjoy. The bar will also be open at half-time for supporters with a ticket in the aforementioned blocks.

Car parking is severely restricted at One Call Stadium and works on a first come, first served basis. All reserved car parking spaces are within the location of the Ian Greaves Stand car park.
Matchday parking costs £5.00 per car. Please note that the car park shuts at 30 minutes prior to kick-off due to safety regulations.
The following sites, owned by Mansfield District Council and with easy access to the One Call Stadium are Grove Street, Victoria Street, Garden Road and Church Lane.

Charges are as follows:

Grove St 70p/hr (reduces to 50p/hr from 01 April).
Victoria St 50p/hr.
Garden Rd 50p/hr.
Church Lane 80p/hr.

All of the above pay and display surface level car parks offer cashless parking via RingGo as an additional way to pay.

Every car park has a unique code so people can either pay over the phone, by text, online or by using a free smartphone app.

Details of how to do this are displayed in each car park. Information about all Mansfield District Council car parks can be found at

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation. 

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


If you need to collect tickets, please head to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane. For ticket purchases, please visit the matchday ticket office, adjacent to the Quarry Lane Stand, around the corner from the main ticket office.

Entry to the Quarry Lane End is via the turnstiles situated parallel to the road running alongside One Call Stadium. 

The Ian Greaves Stand is the main stand at One Call Stadium, which backs onto the main car park. 

Away fans are housed in the North Stand, which is located next to Portland Retail Park. Please note: there is no matchday parking in the retail park.

We'll be publishing live text commentary of the clash on our twitter feed and the match centre on will contain Opta-populated updates.

To access our Twitter feed, head to The match centre can be accessed here, or by clicking the link on the home page.

Furthermore, iFollow Stags subscribers will be able to listen to full-match commentary of the clash by logging into

A report of the match will be published on after the game and full reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Supporters who are blind or visually impaired can take advantage of our fantastic free audio descriptive commentary service.

Provided by Alan March Sport, supporters can listen to commentary from trained audio description broadcasters.

To take advantage of this free service, please visit the entrance to the Kevin Bird Suite at One Call Stadium after 1.00pm on Saturday.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match Report: Stags 1-1 Crawley Town

5 May 2018

Mansfield Town’s season came to a close this afternoon with a 1-1 draw against Crawley Town, despite dominating much of the game.

Mansfield went into the game knowing they needed to win and hope one of Coventry City or Lincoln City got beat, but the Stags didn’t get off to the best of starts as they fell behind in the seventh minute. Panutche Camara delivered a ball from the left wing and Karlan Ahearne-Grant was on hand to head the ball past ‘keeper Conrad Logan. That was the only goal of the first-half, though Mansfield had several opportunities to draw level which they failed to convert.

In the second-half, the Stags laid siege to the Crawley goal and will feel that they should have scored more than the solitary goal they managed. That goal arrived in the 63rd minute, Kane Hemmings heading home at the near post, squeezing the ball past Crawley ‘keeper Yusuf Mersin. The visitors had Mersin to thank for keeping them in the game as he denied the Stags on more than one occasion, whilst Hemmings and strike partner Lee Angol were both guilty of spurning brilliant chances in that second-half onslaught.

Mansfield manager David Flitcroft made two changes to the team that fought back brilliantly to defeat Yeovil Town 3-2 last time out. Striker Lee Angol, who scored two goals in that victory, came in to replace top goal scorer Danny Rose who was ruled out with a knock. The other change saw flying winger CJ Hamilton come in for Alfie Potter, with Potter dropping to the bench alongside Omari Sterling-James, who came into the matchday squad following his return from loan at Solihull Moors.

The Stags would have been looking for an early goal to settle the nerves and they almost got it inside the second minute. A slick passing move on the edge of the Mansfield box ended in striker Kane Hemmings slipping the ball through for fellow forward Lee Angol but the former Peterborough man was denied well by the legs of Crawley ‘keeper Yusuf Mersin.

Despite being the much better side for the opening five minutes, Mansfield fell behind in the seventh minute. Winning the ball midway inside the Mansfield half, the visitors broke at pace and Panutche Camara’s dinked cross from the left found Karlan Ahearne-Grant and he deftly headed the ball past Stags ‘keeper Conrad Logan.

It was Crawley who went close next in the 15th minute as they looked to extend their lead. Logan had to be at his best to palm the ball away at the near post after Enzio Boldewijn’s first-time drive looked to be heading for the top corner.

Two minutes later and Angol had another chance for the Stags but his effort from 20 yards out lacked the power or placement to beat Mersin as the Crawley stopper easily claimed.

In the 20th minute, Mansfield went close again. They were awarded a free kick by the left touchline and Mal Benning’s brilliant, teasing delivery found the head of centre-half Krystian Pearce but the ball was just slightly behind the Stags’ captain and his effort went wide.

Mansfield manager David Flitcroft obviously felt that something needed to change as in the 27th minute, he made a double substitution. Hayden White came off the bench to replace Paul Digby at right-back whilst Will Atkinson was replaced by Alfie Potter, Alex MacDonald moving into central midfield.

The Stags were beginning to build a period of pressure and in the 34th minute, quick feet by Alex MacDonald saw him get clear of two Crawley defenders and he lashed a shot towards goal but it skipped just wide of the upright.

Mansfield were getting in good positions in and around the Crawley goal but they were unable to take advantage. Left-back Mal Benning saw a well-struck effort blocked by a Crawley defender before Jacob Mellis was crowded out by a sea of visiting bodies before he could get a shot away.

The first-half was almost at an end and the Stags were still looking for their equaliser. Defender Rhys Bennett teed the ball up for Mellis on the edge of the area but his volleyed effort flew over the Crawley goal.

There were three minutes added on at the end of the first-half and they were spent with Crawley having every man behind the ball but despite Mansfield’s best efforts, they were unable to find a way through and the Stags headed into the break a goal behind.

Within seconds of the restart, Mansfield had a chance to draw level. CJ Hamilton sent a cross in from the left and it found Kane Hemmings but he was unable to generate enough power on his header to trouble Mersin.

The early Stags pressure continued as Hayden White brilliantly carried the ball out of defence before playing through Hamilton and the former Sheffield United winger cut inside onto his right foot before drilling an effort straight at Mersin.

It was all Mansfield early on and Crawley just couldn’t cope with them. In the 48th minute, Hamilton slipped in Hemmings who sent a shot across goal but it rolled just wide with many inside One Call Stadium thinking the shot was creeping in at the far post.

The pressure showed no signs of slowing down as Mersin once again denied the Stags. A corner in eventually found its way to Krystian Pearce who flicked a header towards goal only for Mersin to claw the ball away.

Mansfield were producing chance after chance and in the 53rd minute, they produced their best opportunity so far. Potter whipped in a fantastic ball from the right and it found Hemmings in front of goal, but on-loan Oxford United man couldn’t prod the ball goal-bound.

Despite how well Mansfield had started the second-half, they nearly conceded a second goal which would have left them with a mountain to climb. Jimmy Smith found himself one-on-one with Conrad Logan but Stags’ man mountain was off his line quick to spread himself and deny the Crawley captain.

It looked like a matter of when, not if, Mansfield would score as they kept up their second-half onslaught. Just before the hour, it was the turn of Rhys Bennett to try his luck as he latched onto a loose ball in the area to roll the ball just wide of the post.

Crawley remained penned in their own half and Lee Angol went close next for Mansfield as he smashed shot over the bar from around 10 yards out as the ball dropped to him inside the area.

The inevitable finally happened in the 63rd minute as Mansfield drew level. A pin-point delivery from the left found Kane Hemmings waiting in the middle and he squeezed the ball just inside the post to give the Stags a well-deserved equaliser.

The wind was now well and truly in the Mansfield sails but they knew they needed one more goal and kept up their earlier pressure. First Mersin produced another fantastic save to tip Hemmings’ long-range effort wide of the post and from that resulting corner, the Stags had an effort cleared off the line as Josh Doherty headed Hayden White’s effort over the bar.

Crawley were trying to hit Mansfield on the counter-attack and in the 74th minute, Ahearne-Grant raced clear of Bennett in search of his second goal, but Logan got down well to his right to save the ball.

The Stags had the ball in the back of the net again a minute later, but Hemmings was denied a second goal by the offside flag.

The visitors had finally broken out of their own half and Camara hit a poor effort from 25 yards which never came close to testing Logan.

Crawley continued to grow more into the game but the Stags still looked the more likely as they threw everything at the visitors.

Stags continued to pile on the pressure in the closing five minutes, but could not do enough to force a winning goal against a resolute Crawley defence.

STAGS’ XI: Logan (GK), Bennett, Benning, Digby (White 27’), Pearce ©, MacDonald, Mellis, Angol, Atkinson (Potter 27’), Hamilton, Hemmings

SUBS NOT USED: Olejnik (GK), Sterling-James, King, Byrom, Graham

CRAWLEY XI: Mersin (GK), Young, Doherty, Payne (Tajbakhsh 58’), Connolly, Boldewijn, Smith, Ahearne-Grant, Yorwerth, Bulman, Camara

SUBS NOT USED: Moore (GK), McNery, Djalo, Evina, Sanoh

REFEREE: Ben Toner

ATTENDANCE: 4734 (135 away)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account