Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
10 March 2018 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Stags vs Colchester United

8 March 2018

Mansfield Town host Colchester United at One Call Stadium on Saturday (3.00pm kick-off) and this is your comprehensive guide to the fixture.

David Mirfin is still unavailable for selection for the Stags as the defender continues his recovery from a knee injury.

Winger Alfie Potter could be fit for a return after missing Tuesday's draw with Lincoln City as a precaution after tweaking his hamstring.

Talisman Sammie Szmodics missed the U's defeat to Barnet last time out as
he tries to overcome a troublesome back injury.

Striker Kurtis Guthrie also missed the clash with the Bees due to an ankle
injury, however manager John McGreal stated on record last week that the U's
have a clean bill of health.

Stags have lost just once in 14 league games in a run which includes eight wins.

Their excellent run of form was extended with Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Lincoln City, as former Stag Ollie Palmer cancelled out Joel Byrom's header at One Call Stadium. 

The draw kept Stags in fifth place in Sky Bet League Two, but they did close the gap on the automatic promotion places to a single point. 

Colchester have lost their last two games by a single goal, slipping to 1-0 defeats to Barnet and Crewe Alexandra, respectively. 

Prior to the back-to-back losses, the U's recorded two wins and two draws. They beat Coventry 2-1 before triumphing 2-0 against Newport County, in addition to 1-1 and 2-2 draws against Carlisle United and Port Vale, respectively. 

It was the U's who triumphed in our last meeting, winning 2-0 at the Weston Homes Community Stadium in October 2017. 

Stags dominated much of the encounter, but first half goals from midfielder Sean Murray and striker Mikael Mandron were the difference for United.

OVERALL RECORD: W - 13 | D - 17 | L - 21

Ross Joyce will officiate Saturday's home game against Colchester and he will be assisted by Alix Pashley and Chris Ward. Alf Greenwood will be the fourth official.

Mr Joyce last took charge of the Stags in our 2-1 win over Morecambe just before Christmas.

Tickets for Saturday's match are available in person or via telephone on 01623 482 482. Alternatively, supporters can visit to purchase their tickets before choosing the 'print at home' option, if they wish to avoid the queues on matchday.

Supporters can visit the matchday ticket office (next to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane) to purchase tickets on the day of the game. Supporters who wish to pay with cash only can also buy matchday tickets in a fast-track queue.

Furthermore, one adult and one child can watch Saturday's game for just £18 in our family block! To find out more, click here.

For more information on match tickets, including prices, please click here.

Do you currently serve in the forces or been medically discharged since 2001?

If so, you could watch Saturday's match for FREE! Simply visit for more details. 

The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open from 9.00am on Saturday, serving the breakfast menu until 11.00am. 

After that, the matchday food menu will become available, which includes pies, chips, burgers and hot dogs.

Furthermore, the bar will be serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to supporters of both clubs.

Also in the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, the SSA will be selling their unique Stags vs Colchester United matchday pin badges for just £3. 

Supporters with a ticket in blocks N, P, Q and R of the Ian Greaves Stand (upper tier) will be able to access the Kevin Bird Suite from 12.00pm on Saturday.

The Suite, situated in the upper tier of the Ian Greaves Stand, will be serving hot and cold drinks for supporters to enjoy. The bar will also be open at half-time for supporters with a ticket in the aforementioned blocks.

Parking at One Call Stadium will be extremely limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis. 

The following sites, owned by Mansfield District Council and with easy access to the One Call Stadium are Grove Street, Victoria Street, Garden Road and Church Lane.

Charges are as follows:

Grove St 70p/hr (reduces to 50p/hr from 01 April)
Victoria St 50p/hr
Garden Rd 50p/hr
Church Lane 80p/hr

All of the above pay and display surface level car parks offer cashless parking via RingGo as an additional way to pay.

Every car park has a unique code so people can either pay over the phone, by text, online or by using a free smartphone app.

Details of how to do this are displayed in each car park. Information about all Mansfield District Council car parks can be found at

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation. 

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


If you need to collect tickets, please head to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane. For ticket purchases, please visit the matchday ticket office, adjacent to the Quarry Lane Stand, around the corner from the main ticket office.

Entry to the Quarry Lane End is via the turnstiles situated parallel to the road running alongside One Call Stadium. 

The Ian Greaves Stand is the main stand at One Call Stadium, which backs onto the main car park. 

Away fans are housed in the North Stand, which is located next to Portland Retail Park. Please note: there is no matchday parking in the retail park. 

We'll be publishing live text commentary of the clash on our twitter feed and the match centre on will contain Opta-populated updates.

To access our twitter feed, head to The match centre can be accessed here, or by clicking the link on the home page.

Furthermore, iFollow Stags subscribers will be able to listen to full-match commentary of the clash, courtesy of commentators Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes.

A report of the match will be published on after the game and full reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Supporters who are blind or visually impaired can take advantage of our fantastic free audio descriptive commentary service.

Provided by Alan March Sport, supporters can listen to commentary from trained audio description broadcasters.

To take advantage of this free service, please visit the entrance to the Kevin Bird Suite at One Call Stadium after 1.00pm on Saturday.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Stags 1-1 Colchester United

10 March 2018

Mansfield Town recorded a third successive 1-1 draw as Colchester United hit back in the second half to snatch a point at One Call Stadium this afternoon.

The Stags were the better of the two teams and took the lead in the 22nd minute when powerful forward Kane Hemmings lofted the ball over Colchester ‘keeper Sam Walker. The visitors were very much in the game and Drey Wright saw a well-struck effort palmed away by ‘keeper Conrad Logan before Kurtis Guthrie saw an effort cleared off the line by energetic left-back Mal Benning.

Colchester came out firing in the second period and they got the equaliser in the 51st minute as Brandon Comley made the most of some time and space to fire past Logan. That proved to be the last of the goals with Mansfield going close to winning it late on when Paul Digby, on as a second half substitute, saw his header strike the woodwork.

In his second game in charge of the Stags, manager David Flitcroft made two changes to the side that conceded a last minute goal in Tuesday’s 1-1 draw with Lincoln City. Defender Rhys Bennett, who was sent off late into the Lincoln game, was replaced by club captain Zander Diamond, the former Northampton Town man joining Krystian Pearce in central defence. Further upfield, central midfielder Adam King was replaced by the cultured Joel Byrom who scored his first Mansfield goal in midweek.

The first chance of the game fell to Colchester United and Brennan Dickenson. The winger was given too much space by the Mansfield defence and he drove into the area but smashed a shot well over the bar with Stags ‘keeper Conrad Logan not tested.

At the other end, Mansfield’s first chance went to the returning Zander Diamond. Mansfield’s club captain met a corner by midfielder Joel Byrom at the far post but his header was hacked away and when dynamic midfielder Alex MacDonald lofted the ball back in, the Colchester defence stood firm once again.

Colchester’s Brandon Comley was next to try his luck in the ninth minute but his very optimistic shot from distance sailed over the Mansfield goal.

In the 13th minute, the Stags had a big chance to the take the lead. A free-kick was flicked on by defender Krystian Pearce and the ball dropped kindly for striker Kane Hemmings five yards out but the on-loan Oxford United man decided to head across goal instead of looking to beat ‘keeper Sam Walker and the danger was cleared.

The Stags were definitely having more of the ball but the U’s appeared to be carving opportunities every time they went forward. In the 21st minute, Drey Wright broke clear down the right but lashed a shot wide of the near post.

The opening goal arrived only a minute later and it went to Mansfield. A goal kick by Logan wasn’t dealt with by a hesitant Colchester defence and forward Kane Hemmings got to the ball before Walker, looping it over the U’s stopper and into the back of the net for his 10th goal of the season.

Mansfield could have doubled their lead shortly afterwards but after Byrom found striker Danny Rose with a brilliant ball, Mansfield’s top scorer hit a low shot into the hands of Walker.

The home side broke well in the 35th minute as they looked to extend their advantage. Left-back Mal Benning won the ball back just inside the Colchester half and he flicked the ball to his right for Alex MacDonald but February’s Player of the Month found his range just off as his shot sliced wide of the target.

The energetic MacDonald tried his luck again in the 39th minute. After Rose was bundled over 30 yards out, the Stags were awarded a free-kick and MacDonald curled an effort over the Colchester wall but it flew just wide of the target.

The Stags were definitely on top with their pressing game causing Colchester lots of problems, but the U’s almost drew level just before the break. Wright managed to get to a loose ball inside the area and he smashed a shot across goal which Logan did brilliantly to palm away.

The visitors continued to end the half strongly and they were unlucky not to go into the break level. Forward Kurtis Guthrie raced onto a Sammie Szmodics through ball and managed to force the ball past Logan but thankfully for the Stags, Benning was covering and he managed to get back and clear it off the line to send the Stags into the break with their noses in front.

The most contentious moment of the match occurred moments later, with the Stags’ crowd incensed with referee Ross Joyce.

Flying winger CJ Hamilton beat Ryan Jackson to the ball, despite Jackson appearing to use a hand, but with Hamilton through on goal, Joyce blew for a foul on the Colchester man, much to the disgruntlement of the Mansfield players, staff and fans.

The mood at the One Call Stadium didn’t improve as a minute later, the score became level. Brandon Comley drove at the Stags’ defence from the right wing and he was allowed to drill a shot across goal and into the far corner to make it 1-1.

David Flitcroft was seemingly unhappy with what he had seen from his side in the early stages of the second half as he made a double substitution in the 57th minute. Right winger Paul Anderson was replaced by Will Atkinson whilst Joel Byrom was taken off with Jacob Mellis coming on, both in like-for-like changes.

Mansfield breathed a huge sigh of relief in the 64th minute as Colchester almost went ahead. Diamond went down holding his hamstring on halfway, allowing Guthrie to race free down the right wing but with Wright waiting to receive the ball in the middle, Guthrie’s pass was blocked by commanding defender Krystian Pearce.

Diamond was forced off with that injury and he was replaced by the versatile Paul Digby. Digby was involved in the action straight away and he almost put the Stags back ahead in the 69th minute but his looping header at the back post hit the bar with Walker stranded.

The Stags hadn’t quite reproduced their first half level during the second period and the game was still very much up for grabs with just over ten minutes to go.

A good period of pressure almost led to an opportunity for the Stags but after Hemmings chipped the ball to the far post, Rose and Benning were both beaten to it by a Colchester defender.

Mansfield then went close to going ahead again in the 85th minute. Krystian Pearce did brilliantly to stride out of defence with the ball and he slipped a terrific pass through to Rose but the former Bury man could only direct his shot into the side-netting.

The 87th minute produced Mansfield’s best chance of the second half. Great work by Hayden White saw him get to the byline and his pass found fellow full-back Mal Benning who saw a driven effort palmed up in the air by Walker. The loose ball dropped to midfielder Jacob Mellis a few yards out but the former Chelsea youngster saw his header cleared off the line.

Both sides will have fancied their chances of stealing the three points and with six minutes added on at the end of the 90, there was still plenty of time for some late drama.

The closest either side came to scoring late on was when a teasing ball from the left by Colchester was too high for Logan but also too high for the on rushing U’s attacker who would have had a free header.

That was the last of the action as Mansfield recorded another 1-1 draw ahead of a massive local derby against Notts County next Saturday.

STAGS’ XI: Logan, Benning, Pearce, Diamond © (Digby 65’), MacDonald, Anderson (Atkinson 57’), White, Hamilton, Hemmings, Byrom (Mellis 57’), Rose

SUBS NOT USED: Olejnik (GK), Angol, Spencer, King

COLCHESTER XI: Walker, Jackson (Murray 85’), Lapslie © (Stevenson 88’), Kent, Wright (Shodipo 71’), Szmodics, Dickenson, Comley, Eastman, Vincent-Young, Guthrie

SUBS NOT USED: Barnes (GK), Prosser, Mandron, Mandeville

ATTENDANCE: 4,050 (163 away)

REFEREE: Ross Joyce

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account