Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
20 January 2018 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Stags vs Cheltenham Town

20 January 2018

Mansfield Town host Cheltenham Town at One Call Stadium on Saturday (20 January, 3.00pm kick-off) and this is your definitive guide to the fixture.

Defender David Mirfin will miss the Robins' clash as he continues to recover from knee surgery which has kept him out of action since our Checkatrade Trophy clash with Blackpool last month.

Manager Steve Evans has said that frontman Kane Hemmings has a strong chance of featuring on Saturday, depending on how he trains on Thursday and Friday.

The visitors will be without left-back Jordan Cranston, who is out for the season with a hamstring injury, whilst Jordan Foster is missing with an Achilles injury.

Frontman Jaanai Gordon, meanwhile, is out for the rest of the campaign after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury in September.

After losing for only the second time in 21 matches against Cardiff City in mid-week, Stags will be looking to return to winning ways in Sky Bet League Two on Saturday. 

Boss Steve Evans' men are six games unbeaten in the league and will be hoping to make it seven against the Robins.

Cheltenham have only recorded one win in their last five games in Sky Bet League Two and that came with a strong performance against Colchester United, beating the U's 4-1.

Their last match in Sky Bet League Two ended with a 2-0 home defeat to Accrington Stanley on Saturday.

This will be the second time the sides have met this season when they meet on Saturday. Cheltenham ran out as 3-0 winners in September earlier this campaign at the LCI Rail Stadium.

All of the goals came in the second half for Cheltenham with Brian Graham, Joe Morrell and Danny Wright netting for the Robins.

OVERALL RECORD: W - 6 | D - 5 | L - 10

Darren Handley will officiate Saturday's fixture and he will be assisted by Richard Wild and David Benton. Michael D'Aguilar will be the fourth official.

The last time Mr Handley took charge of a Stags' game was our 1-1 draw away with Carlisle United in September 2017.

Tickets for Saturday's match are available in person or via telephone on 01623 482 482. Alternatively, supporters can visit to purchase their tickets before choosing the 'print at home' option, if they wish to avoid the queues on matchday.

Supporters can visit the matchday ticket office (next to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane) to purchase tickets on the day of the game. Supporters who wish to pay with cash only can also buy matchday tickets in a fast-track queue.

Furthermore, one adult and one child can watch Saturday's game for just £18 in our family block! To find out more, click here.

For more information on match tickets, including prices, please click here.

Do you currently serve in the forces or been medically discharged since 2001?

If so, you could watch Saturday's match for FREE! Simply visit for more details. 

The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open from 9.00am on Saturday, serving breakfast until 11.00am.

After that, the matchday food menu will become available, which includes pies, chips, burgers and hot dogs.

Furthermore, the bar will be serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to supporters of both clubs.

Also in the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, the SSA will be selling their unique Stags vs Cheltenham matchday pin badges for just £3. 

Supporters with a ticket in blocks N, P, Q and R of the Ian Greaves Stand (upper tier) will be able to access the Kevin Bird Suite from 1.00pm on Saturday.

The Suite, situated in the upper tier of the Ian Greaves Stand, will be serving hot and cold drinks for supporters to enjoy. The bar will also be open at half-time for supporters with a ticket in the aforementioned blocks.

Parking at One Call Stadium will be extremely limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis. Parking is advisable at the Müller depot (formerly known as The Dairy Crest) which costs just £3 per vehicle, with 80% of the fee heading towards selected charities at the end of each football season. Postcode: NG18 5DB

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation. 

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


If you need to collect tickets, please head to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane. For ticket purchases, please visit the matchday ticket office, adjacent to the Quarry Lane Stand, around the corner from the main ticket office.

Entry to the Quarry Lane End is via the turnstiles situated parallel to the road running alongside One Call Stadium. 

The Ian Greaves Stand is the main stand at One Call Stadium, which backs onto the main car park. 

Away fans are housed in the North Stand, which is located next to Portland Retail Park. Please note: there is no matchday parking in the retail park. 

We'll be publishing live text commentary of the clash on our twitter feed and the match centre on will contain Opta-populated updates.

To access our twitter feed, head to The match centre can be accessed here, or by clicking the link on the home page on Saturday. 

Furthermore, iFollow Stags subscribers will be able to listen to full-match commentary of the clash, courtesy of commentators Martin Shaw and Steve Hartshorn. 

A report of the match will be published on after the game and full reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Supporters who are blind or visually impaired can take advantage of our fantastic free audio descriptive commentary service.

Provided by Alan March Sport, supporters can listen to commentary from trained audio description broadcasters.

To take advantage of this free service, please visit the entrance to the Kevin Bird Suite at One Call Stadium after 1.00pm on Saturday.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Stags 3-2 Cheltenham

20 January 2018

An incredible afternoon of twists and turns at One Call Stadium ended with an injury time winner from wideman CJ Hamilton as Mansfield Town retained their place in the Sky Bet League Two play-offs with a 3-2 victory over Cheltenham Town.

On a cold January afternoon, it was a red hot game inside One Call Stadium during an match which had everything.

A fairly eventful first period ended 1-1 with both sides giving it everything. Cheltenham took the lead in the 24th minute when midfielder Harry Pell beat Stags' 'keeper Conrad Logan from the penalty spot after right-back Hayden White had tripped Mohamed Eisa in the area.

The Robins' lead lasted for ten minutes, however, as in the 34th minute, winger CJ Hamilton tapped in at the back post after fellow wide man Alfie Potter had done well down the right. More drama was to come as in the 40th minute, Cheltenham's Taylor Moore was shown a straight red card for an elbow on Mansfield's Danny Rose. Robins' manager, Gary Johnson, was then also dismissed by referee Darren Handley after an altercation with Stags' assistant boss Paul Raynor.

The drama increased in the second half as it provided two more red cards and three more goals. With Mansfield in the driving seat, Hayden White was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Ilias Chatzitheodoridis. That gave Cheltenham encouragement and the Robins scored next to go back in front, Elijah Adebayo beating Logan at the near post after being found by Danny Wright.

After it was announced earlier this week that he'd be remaining at One Call Stadium for the rest of the season, striker Kane Hemmings came off the bench to score a close range equaliser in the 81st minute before referee Darren Handley was forced to produce his red card once again when he dismissed Danny Wright for swinging an arm at Alfie Potter.

By this point, there had been enough drama for two games but deep into stoppage time, CJ Hamilton scored his second of the afternoon to secure a fantastic win for the Stags as they cemented their place in the play-off places.

After an Emirates FA Cup defeat at the hands of Cardiff City in mid-week, Mansfield manager Steve Evans made one change to his starting eleven as wide man Alfie Potter returned to the right flank with Paul Anderson dropping to the bench. Club captain Zander Diamond was amongst one of the substitutes once again as he awaits his return from injury and he was joined by Kane Hemmings, the on-loan Oxford United forward fit again after a hamstring injury.

Cheltenham got the game underway and they had the first chance of the game. Striker Brian Graham picked up the ball just outside the Mansfield box but his shot was never troubling Stags' 'keeper Conrad Logan who watched it wide of his post.

The visitors looked to break in the fifth minute but after he had initially done well to drive forward, Cheltenham's Joe Morrell was booked for simulation after jumping over the leg of Stags' midfielder Joel Byrom.

Cheltenham were certainly looking dangerous on the counter-attack and Ilias Chatzitheodoridis, making his debut for the club, was just unable to keep the ball in after latching onto a pass inside the Mansfield area.

Mansfield hadn't really tested Cheltenham 'keeper Scott Flinders in the opening quarter of an hour. The closest they came was a half chance for flying winger CJ Hamilton who saw an effort cannon out off a Cheltenham body after he had been released by a ball forward from midfielder Alex MacDonald.

They next went close in the 20th minute when right-back Hayden White found time and space from 25 yards out to unleash an effort on goal but the well-struck shot flew over the bar.

Despite being on top in the opening stages, Cheltenham took the lead from the spot in the 24th minute. Robins' striker Mohamed Eisa went down in the box under a challenge from White and referee Darren Handley had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Harry Pell stepped up and dispatched the ball past Logan from 12 yards.

The Stags were forced into a change on 29 minutes after classy midfielder Jacob Mellis suffered an injury that ended his afternoon. Striker Lee Angol was brought on in his place with Mansfield reverting to a 4-4-2.

Angol's first involvement was to create an opportunity for his side. Left-back Mal Benning did well to skip past two Cheltenham men and Angol diverted his pass into the path of top scorer Danny Rose but the former Barnsley man saw his chance blocked.

Cheltenham were not playing like a side who had won just one of their last five league games and skipper Carl Winchester hit a dipping volley in the 33rd minute which had all the power but none of the accuracy needed to test Logan as it went wide of the upright.

Mansfield came close to equalising moments later as MacDonald found room down the right of the Cheltenham box. His pass found Rose in a central position but the striker was just unable to turn and fire a shot towards goal.

The Stags did get their equaliser a minute later, however, and again it came from good work down the right-hand side. This time it was Potter who got clear and his fizzed pass to the far post was slotted into the back of the net by CJ Hamilton.

Hamilton then almost turned provider as the Stags started to pile on the pressure. After receiving a pass ten yards out, the former Sheffield United wideman headed to the byline before seeing a low cross just miss the Mansfield bodies waiting to convert.

After seeing their lead slip, the Robins almost went ahead for a second time. Right wing-back Kevin Dawson did well before pulling the ball back for Graham but, on the stretch, the Cheltenham man could only direct the ball wide.

Despite a strong start by the visitors, the momentum swung the way of Mansfield just before the break as Cheltenham were reduced to ten men.

Defender Taylor Moore was shown a straight red card after raising an elbow to the head of Danny Rose when challenging the Mansfield man for the ball.

The fall out from the sending off then spilt over to both dug outs and after an altercation between both benches, Cheltenham manager Gary Johnson was also given his marching orders.

Following the late controversy, there was then a lengthy stoppage for an injury to Eisa. The Robins' top scorer was unable to continue and was replaced by Elijah Adebayo, with Eisa departing on a stretcher.

Mansfield had the first sight of goal in the second half as they looked to go ahead. Alex MacDonald, who has impressed of late in his new, more central position, struck an effort from 20 yards out which was comfortably dealt with by Flinders.

The impressive MacDonald was involved again in the 50th minute as a brilliant ball forward by the former Oxford United man put Hamilton clear. He looked to find Angol in the middle but his pass was intercepted well by Emmanuel Onariase.

The former Scotland under 21 international was starting to pull the strings and his deep ball towards the back post in the 53rd minute found Angol waiting but the former Peterborough United man saw his strong header held well by Flinders.

As the game reached the hour mark, the Mansfield faithful were very vocal about what they perceived to be time wasting from the Cheltenham players which was disrupting the flow of the game.

Despite this, Mansfield were looking the more likely and Angol was inches away from turning in Potter's whipped ball across the face of goal but the ball just evaded the Mansfield striker.

With Mansfield in the ascendancy, the Stags were also reduced to ten men.

With the ball seemingly running out of play, Hayden White charged into the back of Cheltenham's Chatzitheodoridis with a ferocious tackle and was immediately shown a red card.

That completely changed the Mansfield game plan and Lee Angol, who was only introduced in the first half, was taken off with club captain Zander Diamond coming on at centre half and defender Rhys Bennett moving to right-back.

Things went from bad to worse for Mansfield as Cheltenham scored again to retake the lead. After racing down the left flank, Danny Wright found Elijah Adebayo at the near post and he was able to slam the ball past Logan.

Stand-in skipper Krystian Pearce was almost the unlikely scorer of a Mansfield equaliser but after outmuscling a Cheltenham man in the area, the commanding centre half saw his shot blocked.

With Stags trailing with 12 minutes to go, manager Steve Evans introduced striker Kane Hemmings from the bench, a first appearance in two weeks for the loanee after he was forced off with a hamstring injury against Cardiff City.

That move turned out to be a masterstroke as Hemmings scored Mansfield's leveller in the 81st minute. Quick feet by MacDonald saw him get to the left byline and he sent the ball across for Hemmings to spin and fire in from close range.

Just when the crowd at One Call Stadium thought they had seen it all, Cheltenham were then reduced to nine men. Substitute Danny Wright, who had been introduced just minutes earlier, was shown a straight red card for throwing an arm in the face of Alfie Potter.

That swung the momentum back in the way of Mansfield and with around ten minutes to go, there was still plenty of time for them to craft a third goal. Their cause was helped when the referee indicated for six additional minutes at the end of what had been a dramatic afternoon.

MacDonald tried his luck from range in the 90th minute but his thunderous effort hit a Robins' defender on its way to goal.

With the way the afternoon had panned out, it seemed inevitable that there would be more late drama and in the dying embers of the game, Mansfield scored again to secure the win. A dangerous ball into the box wasn't properly dealt with by the Cheltenham defence and it fell kindly to CJ Hamilton who slammed the ball home to spark wild celebrations from the players, staff and supporters inside One Call Stadium.

The Robins proceeded to throw everything at Mansfield in the final minutes but the men in amber and blue held firm.

The scenes of jubilation at full-time showed just how important that victory was for the Stags as they continue their hunt for promotion in Sky Bet League Two and retained their place in the play-off positions.

STAGS' XI: Logan, Bennett, Benning, Pearce ©, MacDonald, Mellis (Angol 29'(Diamond 71'), White, Potter, Hamilton, Byrom (Hemmings 78'), Rose

SUBS NOT USED: Olejnik (GK), Anderson, Atkinson, Spencer

CHELTENHAM TOWN XI: Flinders, Grimes, Pell, Dawson, Winchester ©, Eisa (Adebayo 45'), Graham (Atanga 66'), Morrell, Moore, Onariase, Chatzitheodoridis (Wright 71')

SUBS NOT USED: Lovett (GK), Sellars, Bower, Thomas

ATTENDANCE: 3,483 (149 away)

REFEREE: Darren Handley

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account