Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

21 April 2018 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match Preview: Stags vs Port Vale

20 April 2018

Stags welcome Port Vale to One Call Stadium this Saturday (3.00pm kick-off), and here's all you need to know ahead of the clash...

Stags' boss David Flitcroft confirmed that both defender Hayden White and striker Ricky Miller will miss out due to the injuries they picked up against Chesterfield and Crewe Alexandra respectively.

Defender David Mirfin will also miss out as he continues to recover from knee surgery.

Port Vale will be without left-winger turned left-back Cristian Montano as he was ruled out for the remainder of the season following the injury he picked up against Crawley Town.

The last time we faced Port Vale was earlier in the season, in our 4-0 win at Vale Park.

Skipper Zander Diamond scored twice in the game, with forwards Danny Rose and Kane Hemmings adding the other two goals.

The referee for Saturday's game will be Carl Boyeson, assisted by Ken Haycock and Andrew Newbold. The fourth official will be Oliver Bickle.

The last time Mr. Boyeson took charge of a Stags' game was in our 3-0 win over Guiseley in the FA Cup second round. Forward Jimmy Spencer scored a hat-trick in the game.

The last Stags' league match Mr. Boyeson took charge of was our 2-0 win over Forest Green Rovers last August.

Supporters can visit the matchday ticket office (next to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane) to purchase tickets. Supporters who wish to pay with cash only can also buy matchday tickets in a fast-track queue. 

Fans can also buy tickets for the game online by visiting

If you fancy treating the kids to a trip to One Call Stadium this Saturday, our family ticket offer is available for just £18! It admits one child and one adult, and you will make a massive saving of £22!

More information about tickets can be found here.

The Sandy Pate Sports Bar will open from 9.00am on Saturday, serving the breakfast menu until 11.00am. 

After that, the matchday food menu will become available, which includes pies, chips, burgers and hot dogs.

Furthermore, the bar will be serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to supporters of both clubs.

Also in the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, the Stags' Supporters Association will be selling their unique Stags vs Port Vale matchday pin badges for just £3. 

Supporters with a ticket in blocks N, P, Q and R of the Ian Greaves Stand (upper tier) will be able to access the Kevin Bird Suite from 12.00pm on Saturday.

The Suite, situated in the upper tier of the Ian Greaves Stand, will be serving hot and cold drinks for supporters to enjoy. The bar will also be open at half-time for supporters with a ticket in the aforementioned blocks.

Car parking is severely restricted at One Call Stadium and works on a first come, first served basis. All reserved car parking spaces are within the location of the Ian Greaves Stand car park.
Matchday parking costs £5.00 per car. Please note that the car park shuts at 30 minutes prior to kick-off due to safety regulations.
The following sites, owned by Mansfield District Council and with easy access to the One Call Stadium are Grove Street, Victoria Street, Garden Road and Church Lane.

Charges are as follows:

Grove St 70p/hr (reduces to 50p/hr from 01 April).
Victoria St 50p/hr.
Garden Rd 50p/hr.
Church Lane 80p/hr.

All of the above pay and display surface level car parks offer cashless parking via RingGo as an additional way to pay.

Every car park has a unique code so people can either pay over the phone, by text, online or by using a free smartphone app.

Details of how to do this are displayed in each car park. Information about all Mansfield District Council car parks can be found at

Where do I go when I get to One Call Stadium?


If you are a hospitality guest, please enter the stadium via the brown double doors to the rear of the Ian Greaves Stand, which is the entrance to our hospitality suites. 

The doors are located to the left of the white merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar, backing onto the main car park and sign-posted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'


Members of the media are asked to also head to the entrance to our hospitality suites, where our media steward will provide you with the necessary accreditation. 

The required entrance is located to the left of the merchandise stall outside the Sandy Pate Sports Bar and signposted 'The Kevin Bird Suite'.


If you need to collect tickets, please head to the main ticket office on Quarry Lane. For ticket purchases, please visit the matchday ticket office, adjacent to the Quarry Lane Stand, around the corner from the main ticket office.

Entry to the Quarry Lane End is via the turnstiles situated parallel to the road running alongside One Call Stadium. 

The Ian Greaves Stand is the main stand at One Call Stadium, which backs onto the main car park. 

Away fans are housed in the North Stand, which is located next to Portland Retail Park. Please note: there is no matchday parking in the retail park.

We'll be publishing live text commentary of the clash on our twitter feed and the match centre on will contain Opta-populated updates.

To access our Twitter feed, head to The match centre can be accessed here, or by clicking the link on the home page.

Furthermore, iFollow Stags subscribers will be able to listen to full-match commentary of the clash by logging into

A report of the match will be published on after the game and full reaction will be available to view on and iFollow Stags.

Supporters who are blind or visually impaired can take advantage of our fantastic free audio descriptive commentary service.

Provided by Alan March Sport, supporters can listen to commentary from trained audio description broadcasters.

To take advantage of this free service, please visit the entrance to the Kevin Bird Suite at One Call Stadium after 1.00pm on Saturday.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match Report: Stags 1-1 Port Vale

21 April 2018

Despite a dominant performance by the Stags, they were made to share a point with Port Vale at One Call Stadium this afternoon. Stags took a deserved lead by way of a Kyle Howkins own goal, but striker Tom Pope's late equaliser meant frustration for Mansfield Town.

The first-half ended goalless but Mansfield were on top throughout. The closest they came was in the 12th minute when left-back Mal Benning drilled a ball towards the back post, which narrowly missed the upright and the foot of striker Kane Hemmings.

Mansfield’s dominance continued in the second period and they got their deserved goal in the 72nd minute. A Danny Rose effort led to pinball inside the six-yard box, and despite several Mansfield bodies in and around the action, the ball eventually made its way into the net off Port Vale defender Kyle Howkins. That looked to have given the Stags all three points but it wasn’t to be, as in the 89th minute, Vale captain Tom Pope hooked the ball home to secure a draw for the visitors.

Stags’ manager David Flitcroft made three changes to the team that recorded a famous 1-0 victory against Chesterfield last time out. The versatile Paul Digby came in to replace the injured Hayden White at right-back whilst in central defence, Rhys Bennett took the place of club captain Zander Diamond, who was suffering from a knock. Further forward, flying winger CJ Hamilton was given the nod over Jacob Mellis who dropped to the bench.

The game’s first chance came in the sixth minute and it went the way of the Stags. Top ‘scorer Danny Rose latched on to a loose ball 30 yards out before advancing and releasing a strike that never really tested Vale ‘keeper Sam Hornby.

The Stags then went close again moments later. Rose did really well to hold the ball as Mansfield broke on the Port Vale defence and he played the ball through for Alfie Potter who stung the palms of Hornby from a tight angle.

Port Vale responded with a chance of their own as the veteran Michael Tonge skimmed the top of the Mansfield bar with a well-struck effort from distance.

It had been an entertaining opening ten minutes and Mansfield almost took the lead once again. The ball was teed up nicely for midfielder Alex MacDonald on the edge of the Vale box but his low, curling effort went just wide of the upright.

After writing his name in Stags folklore by scoring the winner in last week’s derby, Benning was involved once again in the 12th minute as he bombed down the left of the Vale box before hitting a cross-cum-shot that went just wide of the far post whilst also agonisingly missing the outstretched foot of striker Kane Hemmings.

The Stags were looking the most likely and they had the ball in the back of the net in the 17th minute, when MacDonald’s header found Hemmings free inside the area, but the on-loan Oxford United man was flagged for offside after he had calmly finished past Hornby.

A silky piece of footwork by MacDonald created a good shooting opportunity for himself in the 24th minute but after jinking past his man, his driven shot was held well by Hornby.

It continued to be all Mansfield as the game reached the half hour mark and in the 31st minute, they went close again to finding the opener. After winning the ball by the left touchline, the Stags counter-attacked with defender Rhys Bennett playing through Danny Rose who saw his low, driven shot saved well by Hornby.

The Mansfield pressure was building and building as the first half neared its end and Benning almost made it two goals in two weeks as he found his way to the edge of the Port Vale area, but his shot was straight at Hornby.

It looked like a matter of when, not if, Mansfield would score and they were nearly gifted the opener  just before half time as Port Vale’s Danny Pugh almost headed into his own net when clearing a whipped cross by winger Alfie Potter.

Mansfield were unable to break the deadlock before half-time however and the two sides went into the interval with the score still at 0-0.

The Mansfield onslaught continued early in the second-half as the Stags kept searching for that elusive opener. Brilliant work by Alex MacDonald saw him get down the right flank and his pull back ended up at the feet of Potter but the winger couldn’t connect with the ball cleanly and it rolled wide of the post.

In the 54th minute, a Stags corner caused havoc in the Port Vale area as Bennett won the initial header before Vale captain, Tom Pope, headed onto the roof of his own net when trying to clear the danger.

Port Vale were seriously struggling to deal with the Stags and a rasping drive from right-back Paul Digby forced Hornby into a smart save down to his left.

As Mansfield kept knocking at the door, trying to find the opening goal, they were being cheered on by a boisterous home crowd who created a fantastic atmosphere inside One Call Stadium.

Just after the hour, the Stags made their first change with artful midfielder Jacob Mellis replacing Paul Digby, and Will Atkinson moving to right back.

Mansfield were getting closer and closer and their best chance of the afternoon arrived in the 63rd minute when a fantastic delivery from the left by Benning found the head of Danny Rose, but he was unable to score his 18th of the season, heading over the bar.

Despite being second best for the majority of the game, Port Vale almost took the lead in the 66th minute. A teasing ball from the right found Luke Hannant on the left of the Stags’ area but his low shot was well saved by Mansfield stopper Conrad Logan.

With just under 20 minutes to go, the Stags finally got their goal. Danny Rose’s shot across goal was parried by Hornby and the loose ball ricocheted around the six-yard box, before finally trickling into the back of the net with the final touch appearing to come off Vale defender and ex-Stag, Kyle Howkins.

Now they had the goal they were looking for, Mansfield took their foot off the gas somewhat as Port Vale tried to work a way back into the game.

In the 83rd minute, the Stags made their second substitution as the hard-working Kane Hemmings was replaced by the physical presence of Lee Angol up front, in a like-for-like change.

The visitors had rarely troubled Mansfield all afternoon but in the 89th minute, they snatched an equaliser. A ball in from the right found captain Tom Pope and his hooked effort got the better of Logan and despite the best efforts of defender Krystian Pearce, the ball found the back of the net.

That proved to be vital as the points were shared with Mansfield left reflecting on a game they will feel they should have won.

STAGS’ XI: Logan (GK), Bennett, Benning, Digby (Mellis 62’), Pearce ©, MacDonald, Atkinson, Potter, Hamilton, Hemmings (Angol 83’), Rose

SUBS NOT USED: Olejnik (GK), Angol, Anderson, Hunt, King, Graham

PORT VALE XI: Hornby (GK), Raglan, Kay, Pugh (Turner 74’), Pope ©, Worrall, Gibbons, Smith, Tonge (Whitfield 45’), Howkins, Hannant

SUBS NOT USED: Boot (GK), Howe, Davis, Barnett, Forrester

ATTENDANCE: 4,210 (598 away)

REFEREE: Carl Boyeson

Advertisement block

Advertisement block